TNG Community

Access Denied problem when Logged In

satyricon

I hope SKS will be able to help. I have installed the Joomla/TNG bridge but am having problems trying to get it to work. I know a similar error has been discussed in another thread, but after following most of the advice in there I am still not able to resolve the issue.

I am using TNG 7.1 and Joomla 1.5.10. I have switched off new registrations in TNG. When try connect to TNG I get the error:

problemAccess denied for user 'xxx'@'localhost' (using password: NO) [Where 'xxx' is my server name].

This only occurs when I am logged into Joomla; if I am not logged in it connects OK. It does not seem to make any difference if I turn Require Login in TNG on or off (except that I can get no further than the main menu when Require Login is YES, as expected).

My TNG installation works fine, if I go direct to that everything works with no problems. Ditto with my Joomla installation, everything else there works fine. I can also call various bits of my TNG installation (e.g., Statistics) directly from Joomla with a wrapper.

All of which makes me think that the problem is not in MySQL, Joomla or TNG but some parameter or code. Or of course, Operator Error :)

The PHP error log shows:

[sat May 30 10:33:35 2009] [error] [client 80.47.12.124] PHP Warning: mysql_query() [<a href='function.mysql-query'>function.mysql-query</a>]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/xxx/public_html/content/tng/index_joomla.php on line 65, referer: [mysite]/index.php?option=com_tng&Itemid=35

[sat May 30 10:33:35 2009] [error] [client 80.47.12.124] PHP Warning: mysql_query() [<a href='function.mysql-query'>function.mysql-query</a>]: Access denied for user 'xxx'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/xxx/public_html/content/tng/index_joomla.php on line 65, referer: [mysite]/index.php?option=com_tng&Itemid=35

(I have substituted [mysite] and xxx above)

And two similar error for the mysql_select_db() statement on line 65.

Anybody able to help please? I have tried just about every combination of settings I can think of.

Thanks, Adrian

I'm sorry to bump this up, but I'm still completely stuck. Has anybody had similiar problems they managed to resolve?

Thanks

Adrian