TNG Community

TNG + Joomla + Community Builder

Rick.Sneed

I installed the Joomla bridge and everything worked fine, but when I added Community Builder (CB) as my profile program I had to switch to CB's log-in module. Now, TGN does not recognize that I am logged into Joomla and if log in directly from TNG, Joomla does not recognize me a logged in.

The CB and Joomla log-in modules must be very similar. Does anyone have any ideas on how to be able to use the CB log-in module and get TNG to recognize the log-in. Currently have to log in separately to both programs.

CB is the largest and most popluar Joomla component (and assorted modules and plug-ins) and a must for most Joomla sites that want to provide users with a fully functional profile area where they can manage their gallery, blogging, message boards and more. I can't image a Joomla site without using CB, especially one that relies on other members to contribute to the generalogy database.

Can anyone help get the bridge to work with CB?

Thanks,

Rick Sneed

Assuming you are using one of the currently published bridge(s), CB has no affect on the bridge.

I as well as some others are hapily using using the TNG bridge and CB with no issue.

Even though you use the CB module to login in it still communicates with the joomla users table in the database. CB has itś own table it places user information into called jos_comprofiler. These 2 tables are synched so users are still added into the jos_users table when using the CB login module.

The current TNG bridge pulls information from jos_users table.

Go to your Joomla backend and into your Community Builder configuration--> tools then make sure you have synched users between Joomla and CB and see if that helps.

-joe

ps. Logging into TNG with this currently published bridge does not pass info from jos_users table in the Joomla database to the TNG users table in the TNG database. Not the other way around (currently)

-joe

I installed the Joomla bridge and everything worked fine, but when I added Community Builder (CB) as my profile program I had to switch to CB's log-in module. Now, TGN does not recognize that I am logged into Joomla and if log in directly from TNG, Joomla does not recognize me a logged in.

The CB and Joomla log-in modules must be very similar. Does anyone have any ideas on how to be able to use the CB log-in module and get TNG to recognize the log-in. Currently have to log in separately to both programs.

CB is the largest and most popluar Joomla component (and assorted modules and plug-ins) and a must for most Joomla sites that want to provide users with a fully functional profile area where they can manage their gallery, blogging, message boards and more. I can't image a Joomla site without using CB, especially one that relies on other members to contribute to the generalogy database.

Can anyone help get the bridge to work with CB?

Thanks,

Rick Sneed