TNG Community

Open Suggest.php in New Window

gproctor

Is there a way I can modify the way suggest.php is opened so I can have it open in a new window so a user will not lose their text if they hit their back button?

e.g. A visitor starts to send in a suggestion, and has another website open where they are getting the source for their suggestion. They want to hit the back button to check the source, but when they do (currently) the suggest window closes and they lose all that they have already typed in. When they return, they have to satrt over. :-(

I think opening the suggest.php in a new window would allow rhem to minimize window and revisit the source site?

Any suggestions?

TIA

JoeP

I think opening the suggest.php in a new window would allow rhem to minimize window and revisit the source site?

Any suggestions?

TIA

JoeP

Can't you just instruct your users to right-click on the Suggest Link and open in a new window or tab?

TomK

Can't you just instruct your users to right-click on the Suggest Link and open in a new window or tab?

TomK

Will give it a try until I am able to edit the link to do automatically.

Thx

Is there a way I can modify the way suggest.php is opened so I can have it open in a new window so a user will not lose their text if they hit their back button?

e.g. A visitor starts to send in a suggestion, and has another website open where they are getting the source for their suggestion. They want to hit the back button to check the source, but when they do (currently) the suggest window closes and they lose all that they have already typed in. When they return, they have to satrt over. :-(

Any suggestions?

TIA

JoeP

Theres several ways but one is to add a "target _out" to the url in the menu. I believe that would work.

Theres several ways but one is to add a "target _out" to the url in the menu. I believe that would work.

Thank you. I fixed by adding "target="_blank" Also gave instructions as Tom above advised about using Right Click. Both work fine.

JoeP