TNG Community

Do I need a CMS?

thewillistree

thewillistree

I've been using TNG sited on my webhost server since March, but I'm intrigued by the Content Management Systems my host offers - Joomla and Mambo. But I'm wondering just what would be the benefit (if any) in using such a system?

Can anyone convince of their usefulness?

reverendspam

I've been using TNG sited on my webhost server since March, but I'm intrigued by the Content Management Systems my host offers - Joomla and Mambo. But I'm wondering just what would be the benefit (if any) in using such a system?

The best thing to do is install it and play with it to see if it is something you may need or like for whatever you are doing.

If you have the choice between mambo and Joomla pick Joomla since there is more support do to the number of people using it. There are 110,000 registered users on joomla.org.

There are plenty of other good systems such as phpnuke, e107, wiki, etc that TNG has been integrated with.

-joe

If you simply want to add a blog to your site, WordPress and TNG will play nicely on the same site. Until someone comes up with a work-around, however, you must log into each application separately.

Bridget