TNG Community

Life Dates Mod icw Show Children Spouses Mod (Solved)

Rob Severijns

Rob Severijns

I'm trying to fix the following but can't seem to find where and how to do this.

The screenshot shows the Born (b.) and Death (d.) are verticaly inline but the Marriage (m.) isn't.

I made changes to mytngstyle.css in the template folder as well as in the TNG css folder but without the desired result. (margin-left was set from 14 to 36)

element.style {
    margin-left: 14px;
}

Another option is to change the <div style="margin-left:14px"> but I don't know where this code is comming from and where/how I can fix this?

image.png

Thx in advance

Rob Severijns

Finaly found it.

The show_children_spouses mod was responsable I changed line 45, 46

if ($famchildren AND $cspouselink) $famchildren[0] .= '<br/><div style="margin-left:14px" >' . $cptag . ' ' . $cspouselink . '</div>';		
		else $persontext .= '<br/><div style="margin-left:14px" >' . $cptag . ' ' . $cspouselink . '</div>';	

into 

if ($famchildren AND $cspouselink) $famchildren[0] .= '<br/><div style="margin-left:36px" >' . $cptag . ' ' . $cspouselink . '</div>';		
		else $persontext .= '<br/><div style="margin-left:36px" >' . $cptag . ' ' . $cspouselink . '</div>';

Which resulted in

image.png

Maybe @Brett is willing to change the mod so b., d. and m. are all verticaly inline.

• Rob Severijns changed the title to Looking for code (Solved)

Rob,

Make sure you uninstall the individual mods that are replaced by the Show All Family mod

11 hours ago, Rob Severijns said:

The show_children_spouses mod was responsable

Rob

Which version of the above Mod shows the indent. It may be result of old age setting in further but I am not sure where the collapse option you show is from. Also the mod follows TNG basic with b,d on same line.

image.png

Agree with Brett that the Rob's bdate and ddate on separate lines is not normal TNG.  It is similar to what the Life_Dates_Mobile mod does for  more readable mobile viewing.

Ron

Rob Severijns

@Brett @tngrlkrz

Hi Brett, Hi Ron,

You are both right that it isn't standard TNG and therefor changes to the Show_Children_Spouses_Mod shouldn't be made.

The Life_Dates_Mod is responsable for putting the life events, such as b., d. and m., on seperate lines.

I should have thought of that before proposing Brett to make changes to the Show_Children_Spouses_Mod

Sorry for that.

At least for users of both of the mods there is a fix here.

Edit:

Using show_children_spouses_v14.0.3.0

Edited by Rob Severijns
additional info

• Rob Severijns changed the title to Life Dates Mod icw Show Children Spouses Mod (Solved)