TNG Community

Problems installing map funcionality

Per H

I am not a very experienced user, and I was not successful trying to install the map funcionality. A went through the guideline Google Maps - Getting Started, then copied the API key into TNG. I thought this would make the Event map appear, but no. Also installed the Mod Place Map without effect. Not sure if this is required? 

Any tips to what the problem(s) might be.

Regrads Per

Rob Severijns

Hi Per,

When asking questions always try to mention the TNG version you are using and if possible the link to your website if it has public access.

It makes it easier for those who wish to help to come up with an answer.

Please try and uninstall Place map first and clear your browser cache.

After that install the Person Map mod and see if that works works for you. (read the installation instructions!)

Another option is to install the Open Street Map mod.

You don't need a Google mapkey for that just add OSM as the mapkey but read the instructions well.

Let us know if it worked.

Have you set the geocodes for the places in your database? The maps won't appear until there is something to show on them.

If you to to TNG Admin ------> Places, and click on the first icon beside a place name, does the map show there? 

Then you can search for a place, set its geocodes and then the map should  appear on the page of any person who has an event at that place

Roger

Thanks for your input. Now I understand better how it works. I should of course have seen this myself: the main problem was missing coordinates. Sorry for the trouble.