TNG Community

Language box in template 19 (TNG 14)

Katryne

Hello !
I prefer to have the language choice in the menu as it was in TNG 13, I do not like it in the header. How can I do that ?

My template is a derived, simplified version of N°19.

Rob Severijns

Hi Katryne,

I had the same feeling so I have the language choice back at the menubar.

I think I replaced the topmenu.php in the TNG 14 templatefolder with the one from TNG 13.1.2

Not entirely sure if that's what I did but I will look into it and get back to you later today.

Rob, where can I see it and what did you do ? topmenu.php ou templatestyle.css ? The link in your profile is private and there I can still see the language box in the header, not in the menu.

Edited by Katryne

Rob Severijns

Have a look again at my template 260

Must have been some more I did  to move the language choice.

Will have another look later today.

Still at work so don't tell anyone :-)

Rob Severijns

Try adding this to your mytngstyle.css

.container {width: 1440px; text-align:left; margin: 0 auto;
}

div.icons-rt {
    font-size: 10px;
    font-weight: normal;
    margin: 6px 0 0 2px;
}

That did it for me.

Rob Severijns

In the templatestyle.css of template 19 you will find the following in line 165

div.icons-rt {font-size: 10px;	font-weight: normal; margin: -90px 0 0 2px;}

Changing the -90 into 6 did the trick for me.

So adding the changed code to mytngsyle.css in the template 19 folder ensures this will als be working after an update.

No idea why it doesn't worrk for you.

Well, I wrote to Darrin and he sent me the templatestyle.css published in TNG 14 for Template 19. I had not taken the template with the upgrade to TNG 14.

Then I had to make some tiny changes for font-size and margin, around lines 163 to 171 of the file.

Citation

#newlanguage1 {font-size: 10.5pt!important; color: #fff; background-color: transparent; border:  1px solid transparent; text-transform: uppercase; margin:3px 0 0 5px;}
#newlanguage1:hover {font-size: 10.5pt; color: #fff;  background-color:#444ced; border: 1px solid transparent; text-transform: uppercase;}

div.icons-rt {font-size: 10.5pt; font-weight: normal; margin-top: 3px;}
div.icons-rt a {font-size: 10.5pt!important; background: transparent; border: none; font-weight: normal; color: #fff;}
div.icons-rt a:hover {text-decoration: underline;}

/*styles and positions the login text  */
.tngsmallicon3 {font-size: 10.5pt; /*margin-top:-24px!important;margin-left:-190px;*/ padding:2px!important;}

For smaller screens, the 2 last links strangely go either above  the menu (From 1024 to 1255 px wide) or on a second line of the menu (less than 1024px wide). It's not yet ideal for smaller screen sizes, but the final solution is coming. I am sure I can do better. I will try.

Rob Severijns

Ah I see.

My language DDM is on the right side of the menubar. Just a personal preference :-)

Oeps... I see you have that too :-)

Edited by Rob Severijns
Added oeps

Thank you so much Marsha. If you can email me your changes, I would really like to test them, but maybe not immediately :  my site is a mess since last night when I broke it while trying to install/uninstall some mods.

25 minutes ago, Marsha said:

Hi Kathryn,

I'll try looking at it today and styling it with the language menu as in v13, although it will probably be later this afternoon. I'll post the code changes when I'm done. If you'd like me to email you the changes, just let me know.

Marsha
Genealogy Web Templates
https://genealogywebtemplates.com

Marsha,

Please send your code changes to Darrin so they can be included in TNG 14.0.1 

Thanks,

Hi All,

The code that moves the Language button:

OLD CODE:

ul.tngdd .langmenu {background-color: transparent; border-radius: 0; border-color:transparent; margin-top: 2px;}
#newlanguage1 {font-size: 8pt!important; color: #fff; background-color: transparent; border:  1px solid transparent; text-transform: uppercase; margin:2px 0 0 5px;}
#newlanguage1:hover {font-size: 8pt; color: #fff;  background-color:#444ced; border: 1px solid transparent; text-transform: uppercase;}
div.icons-rt {font-size: 8pt; font-weight: normal; margin: 8px 0 0 0;}

NEW CODE (changes listed in red):

ul.tngdd .langmenu {border: none; margin-top: 0; padding: 0;}
#newlanguage1 {color: #fff; background-color: transparent; border: none; font-size:14px !important; padding: 6px; text-transform: uppercase;margin-left: -570px;}
#newlanguage1:hover {color: #fff; background-color: #2a2d7a; border: none; font-size:14px !important; padding: 6px!important; text-transform: uppercase;}
.langmenu select option {background-color: #777; color: #fff; font-size: 14px; border-radius: 5px;}

div.icons-rt {font-size: 8pt; font-weight: normal; margin: 4px 0 0 0;}

I'll send this to Darrin today. I didn't realize that people really liked the language button located there.

Marsha
Genealogy Web Templates
https://genealogywebtemplates.com