TNG Community

starting a new project - WP

John Paul

I'm starting a new project with WordPress.  I've been going thru the admin section and seeing what it's all about.  I have a question or 2 about this new project of mine.

1.  I registered for a new account on WordPress.org earlier today but have not received the validation email from them and cannot find a contact to help remedy the situation.  any ideas?

thanks,

jp

EDIT:  I think I already asked #2 in another post, so i'll get rid ot it here.

Edited by John Paul
Duplicate post...deleted from this post.

I know this sounds too simple, but have you checked your spam folder?  Have you tried the "Lost Password" function to see what happens?

Otherwise, you do not need a WP site account for anything concerning a WP platform site.  From your admin panel you can download and update any plugin in their repository.  The account lets you comment and rate plugins--as well as participate in support fora.

One bit of advice.  Be judicious with your use of plugins.  Some are necessary.  Some are nice.  Some are buggy.  Too many slow your site down with DB calls and out of nowhere decide to not play nicely with each other...  ☠️

Yes yes and yes.  But you're right, I can still search and read the forum there.  That's all i wanted was to be able to post in the forum if need be.

And thank you for the advice,  i need all the solid advice i can get learning wp.....

2 minutes ago, John Paul said:

And thank you for the advice,  i need all the solid advice i can get learning wp.....

You have read my signature line, yes?  🤔

25 minutes ago, PapaTango said:

You have read my signature line, yes?  🤔

Yes i have papa, and it does help, A LOT lol