TNG Community

Time Line

Geoff1959

TNG Timeline 

www.serlefamilyhistory.geoff-searle.co.uk        TNG11.0.2    Template 14

I seem to remember a timeline mod that has all major historical events included within it.  Was I dreaming  as cannot seem to find it any more? 

If it does exist is it compatable with TNG11?   I have looked in TNG mods but cannot see anything like "Timeline" or "World Events".

Am I confusing two different things, when you search and display info on an individual and select time line. There is an option to "add people" but how do you add events to that time line?  At the moment all that I can see is one event relating to the sinking of the Titanic.

Thanks in advance.  Geoff.

I don't remember any timeline mods, but there used to be Timeline database backups that could be downloaded from the TNG download site. 

I don't use that TNG feature, so I have not checked whether the downloads are there for TNG v11.

Hi Ken,

Within TNG in the Admin section I have just found a section "Timeline Events".  You can indeed add world events this way so this one solution.

If anybody knows a way of uploading a list of world events (if such a thing exists)  that would be really helpful.

I'm thinking of things such as Boer War, Crimean War, Battle of Waterloo, death of Queen Victoria that sort of thing.

Any help or advice welcomed.

Regards, Geoff

Thanks Graham that is just what I was looking for.

For those who may read this at a later date the file is a .BAK backup file which is zipped.

It is a good idea to backup any timeline events that you have already created as these will be wiped.

It looks like a CSV file so you should be able to merge the file with your existing one if you need to.

Anyone who needs help please message me.

Geoff