TNG Community

e107 tngIL

John Paul

I gues I'll start a new topic with the new plugin. 8-)

nbflint, so far so good. Just one "bug" to report at this time. When you choose an individual, the initial page isn't rendering correctly within the theme. Whats happening is, the individual page is showing below the e107 menus. All the other pages seem to be acting ok....

I have not tried it with another theme yet, but will a little later. real job responsibilities are calling..... :evil:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Paul

• Rush

• Jpaprocki

• J. Barron

Guest nbflint

I gues I'll start a new topic with the new plugin. 8-)

nbflint, so far so good. Just one "bug" to report at this time. When you choose an individual, the initial page isn't rendering correctly within the theme. Whats happening is, the individual page is showing below the e107 menus. All the other pages seem to be acting ok....

I have not tried it with another theme yet, but will a little later. real job responsibilities are calling..... :evil:

What theme are you using right now? Does the footer display under the individual page?

What theme are you using right now? Does the footer display under the individual page?

I'm currently using the Aqua theme. and yes, the footer is displaying. check it out at my site under my sig here.

I got my problem fixed and everything is good to go :) I'm not having the same issue as John though. I'm using the same aqua theme as he is. I have clicked on everything I can click and everything displays correctly as far as I can tell.

Check here Paprocki - Snyder Family

Great job on this plug in :)

I got my problem fixed and everything is good to go :) I'm not having the same issue as John though. I'm using the same aqua theme as he is. I have clicked on everything I can click and everything displays correctly as far as I can tell.

Hey man, glad you got it working! right now, I don't have it opening in the custompage so I can test it out in case I build me a new theme....

yeah I kept the custom theme and that seems to fix that problem. I had the same one until I put the custom one in and that fixed it.

Going on vacation to WV in a couple days to visit relatives. Going to see if I can't figure out how to port a couple themes from XOOPS over to e107. Worth a shot anyway.

Guest nbflint

I've put together a quick script that will copy all phpNuke 7.9 (it should work with other phpNuke 7.x versions but I haven't tested) users to e107 v.7+

If anyone is interested in this let me know and I'll post it. Otherwise it'll be included with the next release of tngIL.

I get this message when I bring up my Gallery page. It's right at the top

Notice: Undefined variable: istngfile in /home/jpaprocki/www/class2.php on line 29

Here line 29

if($istngfile != "yes"){

The rest that follows is just what you had us change according to the readme.

I've been following these posts with great interest as I hope to add a CMS to my site but I was wondering if I should be able to access the genealogy pages without having to sign or register. Are these just test sites that can be secured later?

Thanks.

Hmmm,

Everything seems ok, but when I access tngIL.php, it gives me 'I cannot connect to database'.

TNG's index.php works fine and everything else...

Rush

I seem to be having the same issue with mine. Two fresh installs and same problem both times....

Can't seem to figure this one out. Hopefully this might help in solving it:

When you go to install the plugin it states:

Unable to successfully create table(s) for this plugin.

When logged out of e107 and you try to access the tngIL.php file, it states

I cannot connect to the database because: Unknown column 'USERID' in 'where clause'

When logged in e107 you try to access the tngIL.php file, it states:

I cannot connect to the database because:

Tried seperate databases: tng and e107

Tried one database: e107

Setting the preferences for the tngIL plugin in don't seem to have any effect. I suppose if it can't create the table then it can't save the settings :wink:

Rush

I've been following these posts with great interest as I hope to add a CMS to my site but I was wondering if I should be able to access the genealogy pages without having to sign or register. Are these just test sites that can be secured later?

Thanks

You can set it up in the admin section of e107 as to what areas need a sign in. If you want people to be able to anything as a guest you can set it up that way.

If you can, I would set a test site up and check it with what you want first to make sure it works correctly. Dont try it with a live site.

Here line 29

line 29:

if($istngfile != "yes"){

is what we added to class2.php. did you add the extra } at about line 39 to close the statement?

line 29:

if($istngfile != "yes"){

is what we added to class2.php. did you add the extra } at about line 39 to close the statement?

Yes I did..Double checked it. It only does it on Autogallery and nothing else so it has to be something that Autogallery doesn't like. The gallery still works, just gives me the error at the top of the page.

I cannot connect to the database because: Unknown column 'USERID' in 'where clause'

Setting the preferences for the tngIL plugin in don't seem to have any effect. I suppose if it can't create the table then it can't save the settings :wink:

Rush

Don't know why it didn't create the table for you. The plugin only creates 1 new table in e107, e107_tngIL, anf that table is supposed to get created when you click on install plugin in e107 admin. The fields in the table get filled with the fields from the plugins admin prefs and writes to that table whatever you put in the admin section...

The plugin can't write to the table if it isn't there....

Yes I did..Double checked it. It only does it on Autogallery and nothing else so it has to be something that Autogallery doesn't like. The gallery still works, just gives me the error at the top of the page.

my bad, I forgot you said it was just Autogallery. I don't know how you would fix that either. Might have to scope out the autogallery forum on that one....I'd check it out, but I have to leave for work in a few...

J, how are you calling up tng in your aqua theme?

e107_plugins/tngIL/tngIL.php via the site links.

yea, but don't you have it listed in the aqua admin menu to show up full page?

Guest nbflint

Here line 29

Try adding this in class2.php right before the other edit:

if($istngfile != "Yes"){$istngfile = "No";}

What I think we'll need to do is initialize the variable $istngfile if it isn't initialized by TNG. I'm not good enough at coding to know if a piece of code will work before I try it so we may have to play with the above code a bit.

yea, but don't you have it listed in the aqua admin menu to show up full page?

Is there an admin menu for each theme or just aqua? In order to have TNG appear full screen I had to add a custom template to my theme.php file. Is there an easier way?

Guest nbflint

Rush

Right, the problem is that the databases aren't installing. What version of e107 are you running?

Thanks.

As far as CMS's go I've used xoops, joomla, mambo, phpnuke, and now e107. If you want the power to make your site look and feel the way you want it then you'd want to use e107. It's well documented and easy to begin using advanced features.

How strange...I replied to the fix you said to try and now it's not here :? Anyway, I tried it and I still get the same error coming up with gallery. Searched the forums over at the authors site, but no luck on anything.

No there isn't a admin menu for each theme. Aqua is the only one I have seen that on. May be others though.

Try adding this in class2.php right before the other edit:

if($istngfile != "Yes"){$istngfile = "No";}

What I think we'll need to do is initialize the variable $istngfile if it isn't initialized by TNG. I'm not good enough at coding to know if a piece of code will work before I try it so we may have to play with the above code a bit.

Is there an admin menu for each theme or just aqua? In order to have TNG appear full screen I had to add a custom template to my theme.php file. Is there an easier way?

Aqua theme by que over at e107.net wrote the aqua theme. It's fairly unique compared to all the other e107 themes and quite innovative also I might add. The normal way is to add $custompages to your theme.

Ah...no I don't. Forgot all about that menu..lol

I've tried tngIL.php there, but that don't work. I tried tngIL/index.php but that shows the main tng page, but all subsequent pages go back to normal menu pages....I'll figure it out when I get home tonight...