TNG Community

Location Names

Jean Pichette

Jean Pichette

Hi there, Things are great for the last few weeks and I'm getting a bit picky about how my data is shown in the Individual page.  Two things: when I imported from Legacy 8, I had a lot of Cemeteries, Churches, Hospitals & Funeral Homes.  After the gedcom import, the names of these don't appear anymore.  What to do?

Still in the Individual Page, I see the main picture of my grandfather: http://www.jeanpichette.com/gen/getperson.php?personID=I18&tree=tree  How do I include the main picture of his wives?  I can understand not having pictures of his children (there are many), but It would be great to have the same header for each wife ( Picture, Name in bold, dates).  By the way, how are these Preferred pictures selected.  Some of mine don't appear.  Is it the first picture?  Thanks in advance,  Jean

bobbyfamilytree

Profile pics are chosen by going to edit photo - then select default photo, untick if you dont want it. The 'show' part refers to when it appears at the bottom part of the page.

Screenshot 2016-05-07 at 10.15.16 PM.png

Jean Pichette

Question about Profile Pics & Legacy Family Tree.

Look at my page here : http://www.jeanpichette.com/gen/register.php?personID=I282%20&tree=tree&generations=12

When you get to individuals 43, 44, census images appear.  In Legacy Family Tree, there are census images that are linked to events in these individuals.  There are no images for these people but TNG seems to have picked-up event images.  What should I do in Legacy to not have this images appear?

Thanks

Jean

Chris Lloyd

Hi Jean

I think you have Legacy set to accept the first image linked to a person to be used as the default - Ancestry also does that - you may need to edit individuals unless there is a default setting for Legacy that you can change - I don't use Legacy so I can't suggest where to look.

jayat1familytree

Jean,

there used to be a mod that only allowed 'non-event' photos to be displayed where a persons photo would be.

That would eliminate the 'census' images that are bring used for person photos.

You might ask on the regular mail list if it has been updated for the tng version you are using.

I have the  " default_small_photo_display_v8.1.0.cfg "   installed on my tng ver 10.0.3 site

I will attach it here as well.

Hope that helps,

Jay

default_small_photo_display_v8.1.0.zip

Jean Pichette

Thanks Ken, that worked SUPER!  Now I have one more question.  I've noticed that sometimes the addresses of events are screwed-up.  I've found my great-grandfather and am looking at two of his events : Death & Burial.  He died at Cairns Hospital and was buried in Kirkland Lake Cemetery.  However, only the ADDRESS of the Cemetery is listed in TNG while the NAME of the Hospital and ADDRESS is listed for the Death.  Here are the gedcom listing and print-screens.  Any idea what is going on?  The only field that is odd is the ADR1 field that lists the address again.  Thanks in advance.

1 EVEN
2 TYPE Death
2 DATE 6 May 1938
2 PLAC Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada
2 ADDR Cairns Hospital
3 CONT Kirkland Lake, ON Canada
3 _NAME Cairns Hospital
3 CITY Kirkland Lake
3 STAE ON
3 CTRY Canada
3 MAP
4 LATI N48.1446

1 EVEN
2 TYPE Burial
2 DATE 9 May 1938
2 ADDR Kirkland Lake District Cemetery
3 CONT Highway 66 & 112
3 CONT Kirkland Lake, ON Canada
3 _NAME Kirkland Lake District Cemetery
3 ADR1 Highway 66 & 112
3 CITY Kirkland Lake
3 STAE ON
3 CTRY Canada
3 MAP
4 LATI N48.1198233333333
4 LONG W80.0854502777778
2 _PP_EXCLUDE 1

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 9.01.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 9.01.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-23 at 9.02.01 AM.png

jayat1familytree

Because BOTH the records list the

which wont work with two diff addresses

You need to set up a second place for the cemetery as

2 PLAC Kirkland Lake District Cemetery, Kirkland Lake, Ontario, Canada

Jean,

My understanding is that the mod should NOT be required siknce tthe TNG import should have been fixed to handle the situation of _PRIM media attached to events.

Please upgrade to the latest TNG version and if event photos are still an issue, please contact Darrin.

• 1 month later...
Jean Pichette

Jayat, does this mean that I have to change every address in my main file to have distinct places?  That doesn't make sense.  Most parishes have a church & cemetery.  Why should they not have the same city name.  I believe I must be mixed-up.  Sorry for the delay, and thank you for your answer.  Jean

jayat1familytree

Jean, Afraid I do not know the answer, maybe Ken or Darrin will chime in.

But in my own database, yes, each place must be distinct.

I have my own ideas on how to solve this someday, but that involves adding two more 'tables' and is further outlined

in the New suggestions section at