TNG Community

Cannot install v10 on localhost

Howard Burdick

Howard Burdick

I tried upgrading from V6 to V10 on my localhost (Apache 2.2), but ran into some difficult problems so decided to do a clean install of V10. Having a new problem that I cannot figure out. Hoping someone can help.

When I select the "Set Permissions" button (or "Rename Folder" button, or any button) from the readme file I get a "status: 500" error. There is no error, though, in the log file. This has me stopped dead in the water.

It may be your old version of Apache.

I use DesktopSever for my localhost app on my Windows and Mac. The current version of it runs Apache 2.4.12, MySQL 5.0.11 and PHP 5.5.24. I have no problems at all running TNG on this setup.

I tried upgrading from V6 to V10 on my localhost (Apache 2.2), but ran into some difficult problems so decided to do a clean install of V10. Having a new problem that I cannot figure out. Hoping someone can help.

When I select the "Set Permissions" button (or "Rename Folder" button, or any button) from the readme file I get a "status: 500" error. There is no error, though, in the log file. This has me stopped dead in the water.

​What operating system is your local environment?  What  are you using for your web server?  I normally see system 500 errors when the zip file contains 666 for file permissions on my Linux hosting service running SuExec to allow scripts to run under the Owner in a shared server environment.

Howard Burdick

Ken/Valkrider:

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been out of touch today, but will try these and report back.

BTW - Ken, I see you are in Plano, I am in McKinney. Your name sounds very familiar, I am wondering if we know each other.

Thanks for the help.