TNG Community

Error when uploading from WAMP local server

Paul B

I have created my local WAMP server and all works correctly. http://localhost/genealogy/

I have uploaded the genealogy file to my website via FileZilla to create www/www/genealogy.

When I try and open the site at http://www.bulmerfamilies.com/genealogy/ I get the error

Error: TNG is not communicating with your database. Please check your database settings and try again

I asked for help via website support (Icdsoft) and got an answer which I had difficulty understanding. I thought I would get a second opinion from the forum before carrying on with the support suggestion in the hope that it may help my understanding.

The support said that the error means that I have not configured the script to access the database correctly and that I can do this via /www/www/genealogy/config.php file on their server. Also that instruction for setting up a third party access to MYSQL on their server can be got from the support FAQ

You should access the application web installation page and follow the instructions there.

If your installation manual says that you should set permissions 777 or 666 to some files or directories, you need to set permissions 775 instead, or leave the permissions to the default values. Our servers are running under SuExec mode, which enables your scripts to run as your own user (not as the web server), so you never need to give world-writable rights to your files and directories. Furthermore, such permissions are considered as insecure and your application may not work properly, in case you set such permissions to files or directories in it.

If the application uses MySQL, you will need to specify your MySQL connection details.If you are using MySQL 4, you need to use the following database host name:

localhost

MySQL 5 runs on the same host, but on a different socket. The socket is:

/tmp/mysql5.sock

Most PHP application will accept the following value for database host name:

localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock

This way both the host name and the socket name are specified.

You will also need to specify the username/password combination for your MySQL user. The Database name should match the name of the database that you have created.

I have not seen reference to these instruction elsewhere on the forum and would appreciate the forums opinion.

Regards

Paul

I have created my local WAMP server and all works correctly. http://localhost/genealogy/

I have uploaded the genealogy file to my website via FileZilla to create www/www/genealogy.

When I try and open the site at http://www.bulmerfamilies.com/genealogy/ I get the error

Error: TNG is not communicating with your database. Please check your database settings and try again

I asked for help via website support (Icdsoft) and got an answer which I had difficulty understanding. I thought I would get a second opinion from the forum before carrying on with the support suggestion in the hope that it may help my understanding.

The support said that the error means that I have not configured the script to access the database correctly and that I can do this via /www/www/genealogy/config.php file on their server. Also that instruction for setting up a third party access to MYSQL on their server can be got from the support FAQ

You should access the application web installation page and follow the instructions there.

If your installation manual says that you should set permissions 777 or 666 to some files or directories, you need to set permissions 775 instead, or leave the permissions to the default values. Our servers are running under SuExec mode, which enables your scripts to run as your own user (not as the web server), so you never need to give world-writable rights to your files and directories. Furthermore, such permissions are considered as insecure and your application may not work properly, in case you set such permissions to files or directories in it.

If the application uses MySQL, you will need to specify your MySQL connection details.If you are using MySQL 4, you need to use the following database host name:

localhost

MySQL 5 runs on the same host, but on a different socket. The socket is:

/tmp/mysql5.sock

Most PHP application will accept the following value for database host name:

localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock

This way both the host name and the socket name are specified.

You will also need to specify the username/password combination for your MySQL user. The Database name should match the name of the database that you have created.

I have not seen reference to these instruction elsewhere on the forum and would appreciate the forums opinion.

Regards

Paul

Further information

I have also checked my Database set up via my admin page http://localhost/genealogy/admin/index.php and confirm that the Database Host is Localhost, Databse Name is genealogy and Database User Name is root. Database Password is left blank

Root Path is C:/wamp/www/genealogy/ Config Path is left blank. I did wonder if this Config Path being left blank is anything to do with my error.

Paul

Further information

I have also checked my Database set up via my admin page http://localhost/genealogy/admin/index.php and confirm that the Database Host is Localhost, Databse Name is genealogy and Database User Name is root. Database Password is left blank

Root Path is C:/wamp/www/genealogy/ Config Path is left blank. I did wonder if this Config Path being left blank is anything to do with my error.

Paul

Paul,

ICDSoft Supports instructions are correct that you have not configured the config.php to work correctly on their server.

On ICDSoft, your database connection credentials will be different than on your WampServer connections on your local computer. If you are transferring the files from your local computer to your web hosting service, you cannot transfer any of your configuration files, nor the subroot.php file.

See the TNG Wiki articles on Trouble Shooting a TNG non communicating with database error and on Setup - Database.

Paul,

ICDSoft Supports instructions are correct that you have not configured the config.php to work correctly on their server.

On ICDSoft, your database connection credentials will be different than on your WampServer connections on your local computer. If you are transferring the files from your local computer to your web hosting service, you cannot transfer any of your configuration files, nor the subroot.php file.

See the TNG Wiki articles on Trouble Shooting a TNG non communicating with database error and on Setup - Database.

Thanks can for your help

I did what ICDSoft suggested by altering /www/www/genealogy/config.php. This included the following

Changing ""localhost" to "localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock

username from "root" to my username

and adding my password.

This did result in my home page appearing on the web but I have errors on all the other pages.

I would appreciate any help you can give

Regards

Paul

Thanks can for your help

I did what ICDSoft suggested by altering /www/www/genealogy/config.php. This included the following

and adding my password.

This did result in my home page appearing on the web but I have errors on all the other pages.

I would appreciate any help you can give

Regards

Paul

Paul,

You seem to have no files in the genealogy directory, and if I backup to your domain root directory, it returns the error about not being able to communicate with your TNG database.

You should try to keep the setup the same on your local server as you want it on your hosting service, that way you can easily FTP files from your testing environment to your production site using the same directory structure.

Paul,

You seem to have no files in the genealogy directory, and if I backup to your domain root directory, it returns the error about not being able to communicate with your TNG database.

You should try to keep the setup the same on your local server as you want it on your hosting service, that way you can easily FTP files from your testing environment to your production site using the same directory structure.

Thanks for your reply Ken

I moved the files from /www/www/genealogy to the website directory /www/www which is why there are no files within the genealogy directory. I have checked and the files are there in /www/www directory. Is there a potential problem with doing this?

I am not sure what I have done wrong, but can only assume it something to do with altering the /www/www/config.php file which was done via the file manager on the ICDSoft control panel

Like I said previously, the home page came up when I carried out the config.php alterations but when I selected any of the links on the homepage, I got errors

More examples of errors are

What’s new link

Warning: file(C:/wamp/www/genealogy/genlog.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bulmer/www/www/log.php on line 46

Warning: array_unshift() [function.array-unshift]: The first argument should be an array in /home/bulmer/www/www/log.php on line 51

Cannot open C:/wamp/www/genealogy/genlog.txt

Histories link

Cannot execute query: SELECT DISTINCT tng_media.mediaID, tng_media.description, tng_media.notes, path, thumbpath, alwayson, usecollfolder, form, mediatypeID, status, plot, newwindow, abspath, tng_media.gedcom FROM tng_media WHERE mediatypeID = "histories" ORDER BY description LIMIT 50

Places Link

Warning: file(C:/wamp/www/genealogy/genlog.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bulmer/www/www/log.php on line 46

Warning: array_unshift() [function.array-unshift]: The first argument should be an array in /home/bulmer/www/www/log.php on line 51

My local WAMP server still works correctly.

I have now removed the password to the config php since in this mode the administration link is open and I was concerned about security.

I would be please to receive any further advice

Regards

Paul

Thanks for your reply Ken

I moved the files from /www/www/genealogy to the website directory /www/www which is why there are no files within the genealogy directory. I have checked and the files are there in /www/www directory. Is there a potential problem with doing this?

I am not sure what I have done wrong, but can only assume it something to do with altering the /www/www/config.php file which was done via the file manager on the ICDSoft control panel

Like I said previously, the home page came up when I carried out the config.php alterations but when I selected any of the links on the homepage, I got errors

More examples of errors are

What’s new link

Histories link

Cannot execute query: SELECT DISTINCT tng_media.mediaID, tng_media.description, tng_media.notes, path, thumbpath, alwayson, usecollfolder, form, mediatypeID, status, plot, newwindow, abspath, tng_media.gedcom FROM tng_media WHERE mediatypeID = "histories" ORDER BY description LIMIT 50

Places Link

My local WAMP server still works correctly.

I have now removed the password to the config php since in this mode the administration link is open and I was concerned about security.

I would be please to receive any further advice

Regards

Paul

Paul,

Sounds like your configuration file is still not correct. You should be able to access the admin directly.

I fixed a couple of things, which should have allowed your site to work, so you may want to make your Admin user password protected. Actually, it did not ask for a user. So it looks like you do not have not created a User with admin rights. See some of the items in Installing TNG

While I was on the site, it started issuing a message that it was not communicating with the TNG database.

Paul,

Sounds like your configuration file is still not correct. You should be able to access the admin directly.

I fixed a couple of things, which should have allowed your site to work, so you may want to make your Admin user password protected. Actually, it did not ask for a user. So it looks like you do not have not created a User with admin rights. See some of the items in Installing TNG

While I was on the site, it started issuing a message that it was not communicating with the TNG database.

Ken,

He can't create a user since the database settings are still wrong. There is no database password for one thing.

and the username and database name are wrong....

Scotty

Ken,

He can't create a user since the database settings are still wrong. There is no database password for one thing.

and the username and database name are wrong....

Scotty

Thanks Ken & Scotty for your replies

I guess I still need clarification if I am doing the correct thing by altering the /www/www/config.php file as suggested by my hosting company ICDSoft

The Changes are as indicated previously

and adding my password.

It is only possible to do this via the control panel >file Manager

It is not possible to do this on my local server http://localhost/genealogy/admin/index.php which remains host localhost

Database Name genealogy

Database user Name root

With no password

Surely these two database setting should be the same.

The only other thing which I have found which may make a difference is the Collation on phpMyAdmin is latin1_swedish_ci should this ideally be utf8_unicode_ci

The $charset = “ISO-8859-1” in the config.php

I thought this was only if wanted to use other languages

Any further help would be appreciated

Regards

Paul

Paul

In Admin/Setup, what results are returned on the Diagnostic tab?

Paul

In Admin/Setup, what results are returned on the Diagnostic tab?

Hi Brett

If I go to www.bulmerfamilies.com/admin Setup Diagnostics I have the following. The Warnings as shown below are at the top of the page

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: Access denied for user: 'bulmer@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/bulmer/www/www/admin/checklogin.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_select_db() [function.mysql-select-db]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/bulmer/www/www/admin/checklogin.php on line 40

PHP version green light

GD grahics library green light

Safe mode Green light

File upload green light

MySQL 5.0.82(client) green light

MySQL (server) red light

Webserver green light

File/Floder Permissions 2 green lights

Regards

Paul

Thanks Ken & Scotty for your replies

I guess I still need clarification if I am doing the correct thing by altering the /www/www/config.php file as suggested by my hosting company ICDSoft

The Changes are as indicated previously

and adding my password.

It is only possible to do this via the control panel >file Manager

It is not possible to do this on my local server http://localhost/genealogy/admin/index.php which remains host localhost

Database Name genealogy

Database user Name root

With no password

Surely these two database setting should be the same.

The only other thing which I have found which may make a difference is the Collation on phpMyAdmin is latin1_swedish_ci should this ideally be utf8_unicode_ci

The $charset = “ISO-8859-1” in the config.php

I thought this was only if wanted to use other languages

Regards

Paul

Paul,

The database settings cannot be the same on your local computer and on ICDSoft's hosting service. As Scotty indicated, ICDSoft should have provided you a Username and Password as well as a database name.

See the TNG Wiki article on Setup - Database which shows an example of where you can find this information on the ICDSoft control panel.

Ken

Paul,

The database settings cannot be the same on your local computer and on ICDSoft's hosting service. As Scotty indicated, ICDSoft should have provided you a Username and Password as well as a database name.

See the TNG Wiki article on Setup - Database which shows an example of where you can find this information on the ICDSoft control panel.

Ken

Hi Ken

The Database settings are different on the local server and ICDSoft hosting service

on the local server

Host is "localhost"

Database user name "root"

With no password

on the ICDSoft

I Changed /www/www/config.php file which originally was

""localhost" to "localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock

and adding my password.

The changes, host, username and password are all as selected from the MySQL5 section of ICDSoft Control Panel and as shown in TNG Database Parameters which you suggest

Paul

Hi Ken

The Database settings are different on the local server and ICDSoft hosting service

on the local server

Host is "localhost"

Database user name "root"

With no password

on the ICDSoft

I Changed /www/www/config.php file which originally was

""localhost" to "localhost:/tmp/mysql5.sock

and adding my password.

The changes, host, username and password are all as selected from the MySQL5 section of ICDSoft Control Panel and as shown in TNG Database Parameters which you suggest

Paul

Paul,

When I looked you had no Username nor password for the database connection. With no Admin User setup, your site is wide open.

Paul,

When I looked you had no Username nor password for the database connection. With no Admin User setup, your site is wide open.

Thanks for your help, but I still have the problems.

I uploaded the TNG files into WAMP again from the very beginning and carried out the required procedure, but still ended up with the configuration problem which appear to be with ICDSoft hosting service

I spoke to their support service who questioned the rootpath in the config php file

This is what they said

We notice that the site is still located in /genealogy. Do you wish that we move it for you?

In your config file, you have 'http://bulmerfamilies.com' as site location and the WAMP for rootpath:

$rootpath = "C:/wamp/www/genealogy/";

$homepage = "index.php";

$tngdomain = "http://bulmerfamilies.com";

another contact with them said

We changed the rootpath to the correct location:

$rootpath = "/home/bulmer/www/www";

However, this does not seem to help.

When we click on one of the links, we are getting errors containing MySQL queries:

Unfortunately, TNG is third-party software and we are not familiar with it. Please contact the software vendor for information what could be causing the error.

It may be helpful if someone who has used WAMP local server in conjunction with ICDSoft hosting so that I could clarify this question relating to configurartion they require

Regards

Paul

You have no details completed in Setup/Database.

Database Host:

Database Name:

Database User Name:

Database Password:

Thanks for your help, but I still have the problems.

I uploaded the TNG files into WAMP again from the very beginning and carried out the required procedure, but still ended up with the configuration problem which appear to be with ICDSoft hosting service

I spoke to their support service who questioned the rootpath in the config php file

This is what they said

We notice that the site is still located in /genealogy. Do you wish that we move it for you?

In your config file, you have 'http://bulmerfamilies.com' as site location and the WAMP for rootpath:

$rootpath = "C:/wamp/www/genealogy/";

$homepage = "index.php";

$tngdomain = "http://bulmerfamilies.com";

another contact with them said

We changed the rootpath to the correct location:

$rootpath = "/home/bulmer/www/www";

However, this does not seem to help.

When we click on one of the links, we are getting errors containing MySQL queries:

Unfortunately, TNG is third-party software and we are not familiar with it. Please contact the software vendor for information what could be causing the error.

It may be helpful if someone who has used WAMP local server in conjunction with ICDSoft hosting so that I could clarify this question relating to configurartion they require

Regards

Paul

Paul,

Send me a PM with your User account name, password and the name of your database on ICDSoft as well as the URL of your site.

Ken

Paul,

Send me a PM with your User account name, password and the name of your database on ICDSoft as well as the URL of your site.

Ken

Thanks Ken for looking over my setting on my ICDSoft hosting site.

It would appear that the database that I need only had 3 tables which were all empty. I would like to understand where I went wrong since I need to know for possible future amendments & updates. I would appreciate any help on this matter.

What I do not understand is how my localhost WAMP server works correctly in every way including user name and then it does not work once I FTP it via FileZilla to my hosting site. Can it be anything to do with the phpMyAdmin? When I open phpMyAdmin I have 32 tables shown in the Structure Tab. I was still a little surprised to see the collation on this page is shown to be latin1_swedish_ci since I thought I set the collation to utf8_unicode-ci when I created the MySQL connection for genealogy file. I am not sure if the collation makes any differnec to anything.

Regarding your note Ken, which said You will need to copy your table backups from your Wamp Environment - make sure you have a TNG administrator user in Wamp - or don't restore that particular table.

I do not completely understand what you mean. I do have a TNG administrator user name & password in WAMP. but what do I do to copy table backups from your WAMP environment. Going on from there when I FTP via FileZilla my updated site from my local server do you think I will have further difficulty.

Once again thanks for your help

kind regards

Paul

Thanks Ken for looking over my setting on my ICDSoft hosting site.

It would appear that the database that I need only had 3 tables which were all empty. I would like to understand where I went wrong since I need to know for possible future amendments & updates. I would appreciate any help on this matter.

What I do not understand is how my localhost WAMP server works correctly in every way including user name and then it does not work once I FTP it via FileZilla to my hosting site. Can it be anything to do with the phpMyAdmin? When I open phpMyAdmin I have 32 tables shown in the Structure Tab. I was still a little surprised to see the collation on this page is shown to be latin1_swedish_ci since I thought I set the collation to utf8_unicode-ci when I created the MySQL connection for genealogy file. I am not sure if the collation makes any differnec to anything.

Regarding your note Ken, which said You will need to copy your table backups from your Wamp Environment - make sure you have a TNG administrator user in Wamp - or don't restore that particular table.

I do not completely understand what you mean. I do have a TNG administrator user name & password in WAMP. but what do I do to copy table backups from your WAMP environment. Going on from there when I FTP via FileZilla my updated site from my local server do you think I will have further difficulty.

Once again thanks for your help

kind regards

Paul

Paul,

I am not sure what could have happened to cause you to have only 3 tables which were empty. However, since your tables are currently empty, except for the tng_user table which you will overlay, I would do the following:

1. Delete your current database. The MySQL Connection and Collation sequence are 2 different things. Unfortunately, ICDSoft as well as several other hosting services still defaults to latin1_swedish_ci for their collation sequence if you don't select one. See Database - Creating
  2. Create a new database with the same name specifying not only the connection as UTF-8 but also the collation sequence as utf8_xxxxxxxx_ci where xxxxxxxx is the one that will best handle your foreign accented names for persons and places, utf8_swedish_ci might be OK.
  3. On your Wamp environment, go to Admin >> Utilities, click the Select All button and select Backup from the With Selected pull down and click the Go button to create a backup of your Wamp environment
  4. FTP the backup files from the TNG Backup folder from your Wamp environment to your ICDSoft production site
  5. On your ICDSoft production site, go to Admin >> Utilities, click the Select All button and select Restore from With Selected pull down and click the Go button to restore your Wamp database to your production site. If your database contains accented characters, it should be allocated on ICDSoft the same way it is on your Wamp environment.
  6. After the restore, you may be prompted to login since the Admin ID I create will no longer exist, but you should be able to login with the same ID / password you are using on your Wamp environment.

Cheers,

Ken

Paul,

I am not sure what could have happened to cause you to have only 3 tables which were empty. However, since your tables are currently empty, except for the tng_user table which you will overlay, I would do the following:

1. Delete your current database. The MySQL Connection and Collation sequence are 2 different things. Unfortunately, ICDSoft as well as several other hosting services still defaults to latin1_swedish_ci for their collation sequence if you don't select one. See Database - Creating
  2. Create a new database with the same name specifying not only the connection as UTF-8 but also the collation sequence as utf8_xxxxxxxx_ci where xxxxxxxx is the one that will best handle your foreign accented names for persons and places, utf8_swedish_ci might be OK.
  3. On your Wamp environment, go to Admin >> Utilities, click the Select All button and select Backup from the With Selected pull down and click the Go button to create a backup of your Wamp environment
  4. FTP the backup files from the TNG Backup folder from your Wamp environment to your ICDSoft production site
  5. On your ICDSoft production site, go to Admin >> Utilities, click the Select All button and select Restore from With Selected pull down and click the Go button to restore your Wamp database to your production site. If your database contains accented characters, it should be allocated on ICDSoft the same way it is on your Wamp environment.
  6. After the restore, you may be prompted to login since the Admin ID I create will no longer exist, but you should be able to login with the same ID / password you are using on your Wamp environment.
Cheers,

Ken

Ken,

I did what you suggested, deleted the current database and created a new one. On wamp environment I went to Admin>> Utilities clicked select all button and selected backup from with selected pull down and click the go button to create a backup on the wamp environment. The note up the top appeared saying Selected Tables successfully backed up.

I then FTP the backup files from the TNG Backup folder from the Wamp environment into the ICDSoft site. These file now appear within www/www/backups and is dated today’s date 12/3/10

On the ICDSoft production site I went to Admin>>Utilities, click select all and select restore but resulted in all the files list in red saying cannot open file tng_xxxxxxx

Not sure what I should be looking for in the database relating to accented characters which should be allocated on ICDSoft the same way as wamp environment.If you have time Ken; I would appreciate some further help. Please look back on my hosting site if you think it may help.

Many Thanks

Paul

Ken,

I did what you suggested, deleted the current database and created a new one. On wamp environment I went to Admin>> Utilities clicked select all button and selected backup from with selected pull down and click the go button to create a backup on the wamp environment. The note up the top appeared saying Selected Tables successfully backed up.

I then FTP the backup files from the TNG Backup folder from the Wamp environment into the ICDSoft site. These file now appear within www/www/backups and is dated today’s date 12/3/10

On the ICDSoft production site I went to Admin>>Utilities, click select all and select restore but resulted in all the files list in red saying cannot open file tng_xxxxxxx

Not sure what I should be looking for in the database relating to accented characters which should be allocated on ICDSoft the same way as wamp environment.If you have time Ken; I would appreciate some further help. Please look back on my hosting site if you think it may help.

Many Thanks

Paul

Paul,

The issue was that when I cleared your Root Path and then saved it as nulls, it just saved the $rootpath = ""; in the config.php. When you re-open the Admin >> Setup >> Paths and Folders - the path is filled in with the correct value, but one must save it again so the $rootpath = gets updated correctly to the config.php.

I forgot to do the second save so TNG did not know where to find its TNG admin files. After doing the 2nd Save, I was able to restore your database backups, but they all appear to be backups of an empty database.

By the way, I did not restore the User table, so the Admin Id I created previously is still there and keeps other users from accessing your admin area.

Your gedcom folder is shown as gedcom in the File Manager with no files but with a different name in the Import Settings.

Hopefully, you are now in a position where you can get things going.

Cheers,

Ken

Paul,

The issue was that when I cleared your Root Path and then saved it as nulls, it just saved the $rootpath = ""; in the config.php. When you re-open the Admin >> Setup >> Paths and Folders - the path is filled in with the correct value, but one must save it again so the $rootpath = gets updated correctly to the config.php.

I forgot to do the second save so TNG did not know where to find its TNG admin files. After doing the 2nd Save, I was able to restore your database backups, but they all appear to be backups of an empty database.

By the way, I did not restore the User table, so the Admin Id I created previously is still there and keeps other users from accessing your admin area.

Your gedcom folder is shown as gedcom in the File Manager with no files but with a different name in the Import Settings.

Hopefully, you are now in a position where you can get things going.

Cheers,

Ken

Ken

Many thanks for your reply

In response to your reply, I went to Admin>>Setup>> Paths and Folders on ICDSoft site confirm it has /home/b*****/www/www rootpath and saved it at the bottom of the page. The rootpath is the same on the ICDSoft site within /www/www/config.php

In Admin>>Setup>>Paths and Folders in my wamp environment the root is C:/wamp/www/genealogy/

Can you confirm this now correct?

So as not confuse things I have left the username and password the same as you set and altered the username and password in the wamp environment to be the same.

My intention is to up date my site in the wamp environment and then FTP this into ICDSoft site. I assume that to do this I will FTP myC:/wamp/www/genealogy site into ICDSoft site creating www/www/genealogy. I am not completely sure on this point. Could you please clarify this point

Kind Regards

Paul

Ken

Many thanks for your reply

In response to your reply, I went to Admin>>Setup>> Paths and Folders on ICDSoft site confirm it has /home/b*****/www/www rootpath and saved it at the bottom of the page. The rootpath is the same on the ICDSoft site within /www/www/config.php

In Admin>>Setup>>Paths and Folders in my wamp environment the root is C:/wamp/www/genealogy/

Can you confirm this now correct?

So as not confuse things I have left the username and password the same as you set and altered the username and password in the wamp environment to be the same.

My intention is to up date my site in the wamp environment and then FTP this into ICDSoft site. I assume that to do this I will FTP myC:/wamp/www/genealogy site into ICDSoft site creating www/www/genealogy. I am not completely sure on this point. Could you please clarify this point

Kind Regards

Paul

Paul,

Everything looks fine, but you have no data at this time.

The next thing you need to do is define a Tree. See Setup - Tree If you are using a genealogy desktop program, you can then export a gedcom from that program and import it into TNG. See import data.

Or you can just start entering your data, one you have setup your Tree.

To update your ICDSoft site from now on, you will then need to:

• Go to Admin >> Setup >> General Settings
  • Expand the Database section and set the Maintenance Mode to ON
  • Copy any files you change in your Wamp environment to ICDSoft when you are ready to make the changes
  • To update your data your will need to
    • Backup you Wamp database
    • FTP the backups to ICDSoft
    • Restore the backups
  • Verify the changes and data updates are all there and working correctly
  • Expand the Database section and set the Maintenance Mode to OFF

Hopefully the above makes sense.

Ken

Paul,

Everything looks fine, but you have no data at this time.

The next thing you need to do is define a Tree. See Setup - Tree If you are using a genealogy desktop program, you can then export a gedcom from that program and import it into TNG. See import data.

Or you can just start entering your data, one you have setup your Tree.

To update your ICDSoft site from now on, you will then need to:

• Expand the Database section and set the Maintenance Mode to ON
  • Copy any files you change in your Wamp environment to ICDSoft when you are ready to make the changes
  • To update your data your will need to
    • Backup you Wamp database
    • FTP the backups to ICDSoft
    • Restore the backups
  • Verify the changes and data updates are all there and working correctly
  • Expand the Database section and set the Maintenance Mode to OFF
Hopefully the above makes sense.

Ken

Ken

Many thanks for answering all my questions relating to this topic. It appears that I finally have the site up and running.

There is just one final question on the subject which I hope you can help me with, I have checked the Wiki. On the extra pages which I have created for my feature pages 1,2 and 3 all appears to work on these pages except the menu links in the left hand column. These menu links work fine on all other pages but not the extra pages.

I would appreciate your help on this.

Thanks again

Paul

Ken

Many thanks for answering all my questions relating to this topic. It appears that I finally have the site up and running.

There is just one final question on the subject which I hope you can help me with, I have checked the Wiki. On the extra pages which I have created for my feature pages 1,2 and 3 all appears to work on these pages except the menu links in the left hand column. These menu links work fine on all other pages but not the extra pages.

I would appreciate your help on this.

Thanks again

Paul

Paul,

Are you using the latest version of the topmenu.php file from templates/template4 ?

It should have $cms[tngpath] in each of the URL links in the left nav sidebar.

Ken