TNG Community

Google Maps Add on Package

theKiwi

Ok I downloaded the zip file...will make changes and let you know.....

Getting old and the 2 file names look alike, and following the replies and changes I must have got lost and read right over it.

Thank you Very Much

I feel stupid :oops:

Hello,

Just a follow up...

After my bout with stupidity....

All is well, and everything is functioning great.

Thanks so much for the help everybody...and especially those that created the Mods ;)

Thanks again

Rick

A Note: Starting a thread with one mod and ending with 2 can be a little confusing...especially when the file names to be downloaded and altered are so close, but thats my problem.

A Note: Starting a thread with one mod and ending with 2 can be a little confusing...especially when the file names to be downloaded and altered are so close, but thats my problem.

Hi Rick

Glad you got it all working now.

Yes I had half the right idea - I started a new thread for the Admin pages, but then made the mistake of posting the download link in this thread, instead of just a link to the new thread.

I'll do better next time :-)

Roger

I stumbled on this package rather late. It's great stuff. Thanks to everyone who contributed to it (and Rick who helped me getting the co-ordinates from TMG-The Master Genealogist into TNG).

Since I prefer to present my web site to Dutch viewers in Dutch, I have made some modifications to make the package multilingual. Basically just a few lines of the (new) code need to be altered and three variables added to the cust_txt.php file(s). The latter is/are not affected by Darrin's upgrades, so it might be an idea to include the multilingual support in the distribution package.

You can download the modification instructions as well as the (additions to) the cust_txt.php files for all the languages supported presently by TNG from

http://www.schenk.nl/genealogie/temp/GMaps_Multilingual.zip

(the "temp" isn't quite so temporary...)

Regards,

Roy Schenk

EDITED 3 FEB. 2007

Please note that the multilingual functionality has been integrated into the package which you can find here:

http://www.tngforum.us/index.php?showtopic=2103

Love the addin, but I've done something wrong.

http://www.ballewgenealogy.org/getperson.p...05&tree=eb1

Only the 'shadows' of the markers show up and the Event Icons are gone.....

And they do show up on the Admin side!

Any guess. This is on all display pages and the .png files are on the server under /images/

Eddy

Eddy, it might be a folder permission error. When I right click and try to view the image, I get "You don't have permission to access /images/marker3.png"

hmmm... Changing that folder to 755 seems to have worked. Although I set those to the recommended permissions.

Thanks for the advice. It worked.....

Eddy

Eddy, it might be a folder permission error. When I right click and try to view the image, I get "You don't have permission to access /images/marker3.png"

A NEW package of files has been posted online with several major improvements and lots of small tweaks and modifications.

This add-on requires TNG 6.0.4

It is shown in this thread

http://www.tngforum.us/index.php?showtopic=2103

where you can read about the new functionality and find the link to the download.

Please do NOT post into this thread about the new package, nor to the TNGUSers2 mailing list, nor directly to Darrin.

Have Fun

Cheers

Roger