TNG Community

Convert Selected Media to Collection

Pyrenees Pirate

Pyrenees Pirate

I tend to clear out my old database and media before I do a new import of a gedcom from Family Historian to TNG, I also import all the linked media into the Photos Directory.  Run the new thumbnails etc so far so good.

All my media from FH7 have keywords which allow me to set up a number of Collections in TNG that reflect my directories in Family Historian i.e. 1841 UK Census - 1921 UK Census, Certificates BMD, News Items (Histories), Obituaries etc etc which show as separate options on the initial page of my TNG website, so far so good.....

Then, I search and select them in the Media option of TNG as they are all obviously all still in the TNG Photo Area/Collection and then use the Convert to option which then converts them to each of my Collections that I have in TNG.

I search for the keyword say Census 1841 and it finds them all...... Question - Is any way of Selecting All the 1841 Census results in one go rather than selecting Page 1 then converting, then Page 2 then converting?  It would save me an awful lot of time if I could select and convert all in one go.

Appreciate any ideas or am I missing something?

Many thanks,

PP

tngrlkrz

PP,   Have you tried increasing the Admin:Setup:Misc: Max Search Results?  

Ron

Pyrenees Pirate

Thanks Ron,

Just increased the number and it does the trick..... Never thought of looking under Miscellaneous!

If I set this to a high number, do I need to be aware of any other things that it might have a negative effect upon?

Thanks again for your quick response Ron.

PP

tngrlkrz

You might wish to set it back to default after finished with media because it will cause search results and other pages to become too long.

Coincidentally, I also happen to use Family Historian as my home database as well.

Ron