TNG Community

Mod Manager is frozen

Paul McKnight

Michel KIRSCH

Yes Paul you're right.

But your page still have the Google Tag Manager installed.

See the Source code of your pages :

<!-- Google tag (gtag.js) -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-0ML52TNMD3"></script>
<script>
  window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
  function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
  gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'G-0ML52TNMD3');
</script>
G-0ML52TNMD3

And this tag "G-0ML52TNMD3" is displayed in front of all your pages...

(highlight the first line of your pages and you will see it)

Michel

Paul Google Tag Manager.jpg

Paul McKnight

Michel, this is way above my expertise, although I'm sure I could get through it. As you have seen Ken Roy has asked for level 2 support.  I'll wait for the sunrise to Florida until i take any additional action. Thanks for your help and have a nice night/morning in Belgium. 

Paul,

Ken has asked me to look into this for you. 

Quite often the MM listing will freeze because of a JavaScript error in one of the mods that causes JS to stop working and this can cause the display to freeze.

Could you please provide a screen shot of the Console errors -- F12, Console?  Please expand the errors so they can be read.

Rick

If you look near the top of your screenshot you will see that "Sources" tab is selected.  What we need to see is a screenshot of the "Console" tab to see if JS is emitting any show stopping errors. 8)

Oops ... just noted the JS Error at the bottom of your screenshot.  So we need to figure out what resource is not being loaded.

Doesn't look like that should be a problem. 

You are using PHP 7.2 -- as stated by others, all of our recent testing for PHP 7 is using 7.4.  Is there any way you can upgrade your site to 7.4 or later?

If you would like me to come into your site and debug this in-situ, please read the following:
https://bisbeefamily.com/library/guide.php and email me privately at admin@bisbeefamily.com.

Rick

Paul McKnight

Yes, that's the error when I look at the console tab. When I click on the error if get 

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Console tab.jpg

Just some ideas....

Freezing of MM listing just looks like a JS problem, but I don't see that happening in your screenshot. Are you working online or offline?

Can you uninstall all your other mods and try the listing?  If problem persists, uninstall others and temporarily rename them *.cfgx to see if the screen still freezes?

If this fails, can you upgrade your site to PHP 7.4 using your cPanel?  Most hosting services allow you to revert back if it causes other site problems.

By the way, I've installed this mod on my TNGv1403 (PHP 8.2) test site without any errors or screen freezing.

Rick

Paul McKnight

Working on line. I can uninstall all mods and re-install only though Fire Fox. I'll send you admin login to the site via e-mail. I'll work on getting you access to cPanel. I use an FTP client to access my files on Go Daddy. I need to reacquaint myself to cPanel. Check your e-mail for log in. 

Paul McKnight

I'm in cPanel and see that that PHP 8.1 is available. Updated and now on PHP 8.1.24. But now notice that My SQL Client is 3.3.6 which is below the TNG spec. Mod page is still frozen after the PHP update, 

Take care here, make sure you are not using any old, old scripts and that you can revert to PHP 7 if necessary.

I have found a small problem on your site with the Free tag mod.  I will continue debugging with you via email and include the mod's author in the discussion.

Rick

Okay, I found the problem.

Paul, on your site, there was leftover code from the Free Tag mod in your adminlib.php file.  It placed some mod css in the admin header before the Doctype declaration and the <head> tag, instead of placing it inside the <head> tag.  This raised warnings in FF which complained, but continued with displaying the MM display.  Chrome did not complain -- it just quit, leaving the MM listing page in a frozen error state.

I removed the code from your adminlib.php file since that mod is not currently  installed or even listed. 

The MM listing now works fine on both FF and Chrome.  I recommend you refresh your adminlib.php file from your TNGv14.0.3 download package just in case it contains other unintended garbage.

It looks like the Free Tag mod has been modified since you installed your first version, so if you download and install the latest version as I did, everything should be fine.

No need for PHP upgrade if everything else is working properly on your site.

Let me know,

Rick

Paul McKnight

Just tested and it's working, THANK YOU. I'll refresh adminlib.php. I'll keep in PHP 8.1 unless I experience issues (now that I know where the PHP upgrades are. One last question. After the PHP upgrade there was a notification about MYSQL Client needing to be upgraded from 3.3.6 to at least 5.5. How do I do that? Again thanks for taking a couple of hours out of your Saturday to assist. 

MySQL version:
(TNG requires 5.5 or higher.)

tng_close.gif MySQL 3.3.6 (client)

tng_check.gif MySQL 10.6.15-MariaDB-cll-lve (server)

Paul,

Be very careful here to backup your TNG database files before any kind of upgrading. 

You should back the TNG tables and Structure up from your TNG Admin/Utilities page and then download the whole backup folder for safekeeping.  Another way to back up your database is to go into phpMyAdmin through your cPanel and make a copy of the entire database.  If something goes wrong you can recover the copy by renaming it back to your damaged original database.  Do both.

Many web hosts are switching from MySQL to MariaDB which is very, very similar and should work without any adjustments on your part.  For the actual upgrade, I recommend you do the backups, then contact your GoDaddy tech support and ask them to upgrade it for you you.  If you are moving to MariaDB you may have to rework your database access credentials in your config.php file.

Just FYI, I am currently using 10.3.39-MariaDB & PHP 8.0.30 on my live site.

Rick

Michel KIRSCH

Rick,

thanks for all your efforts.

This problem existed with Chrome before version 2d of the mod and and wasfixed with the version 2d

As you noted, there was still some trailing code from an older version...

Paul, sorry to not have seen this before.

Michel