TNG Community

Mod Manager is frozen

Paul McKnight

Paul McKnight

I just installed the mod Free Tags Image Viewer Version 14.0.0.3. It shows as being installed. But now all Mods and features are frozen. I cannot access the top menu or any of the mods. Thoughts. Thanks!

Mod Manager screen shot.jpg

7 hours ago, Paul McKnight said:

I just installed the mod Free Tags Image Viewer Version 14.0.0.3. It shows as being installed. But now all Mods and features are frozen. I cannot access the top menu or any of the mods. Thoughts. Thanks!

Please Read Carefully....

From TNG version V14, the functionalities offered by the Mod are integrated into TNG.
The version v14.0.0.3 allows you to migrate your old image tags to the new TNG14 system. (see this article).
After migration, you can uninstall then delete the mod OR keep it to display coloured tags as with the old mod.

See this section

Paul McKnight

Thanks but my problem is that I can't do anything on the mod page. It's completely frozen. Nothing works. I can't even uninstall. 

Force close your browser:

Step 1: Use the keyboard shortcut

The quickest and easiest way to close your web browser is to use the keyboard shortcut. The shortcut varies slightly depending on your operating system and browser, but generally, it involves pressing the combination of keys “Ctrl + W” (Windows) or “Command + W” (Mac) on your keyboard. This will instantly close the current tab you’re on, and if you only have one tab open, it will close the entire browser.

Step 2: Right-click on the browser tab

Alternatively, you can right-click on the browser tab you want to close and select “Close Tab” from the dropdown menu. If you have several tabs open, then you can also use the “Close Other Tabs” option to quickly close all tabs except the one you’re on.

Step 3: Use the Task Manager

If your web browser is frozen or unresponsive, you can use the Task Manager to end the browser process. In Windows, press “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” to open the Task Manager, find the browser process under the “Processes” tab, and click on “End Task.” Alternatively, you can press “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” and select “Task Manager” from the options. In Mac, press “Command + Option + Escape” to open the Force Quit dialog box, find your browser in the list, and click “Force Quit.”

When the browser is closed, start browser again, clear your cache, try to login again in your TNG admin

7 hours ago, Paul McKnight said:

Thanks for your help. I found it. It's an issue with Chrome. Firefox works just fine. Go figure. Thanks agin.

Forgot about Chrome, Paul.

Michel KIRSCH

Tested the installation of the Mod with Chrome (Version 118.0.5993.120 (Build officiel) (64 bits)): no problem.

Michel

Michel KIRSCH

Tested and tested again here : all is fine.

May be an interaction with another mod?

Uninstall all your mods and install Free Tag image viewer.

If all is ok, reinstall your mods one by one until it works no more.

The last installed mod has a problem with Free Tag image viewer.

Report the name...

Michel

Paul McKnight

At first I thought it might be the OS but it happens on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11. I can install with Chrome but it freezes. Firefox bails me out although I get the message that it's partially installed. I do a cleanup and get the attached error log. I'll try your suggestions and get back to you. 

error_log

Paul McKnight

Did a backup through Chrome. Through Firefox I uninstalled all mods. Mod page through Chrome was still frozen (tabs, etc.). Through Firefox I reinstalled all Mods. Still unresponsive through Chrome.  Verified that Chrome was 119.0.6045.106 (Official Build) (64-bit). I

Michel KIRSCH

Wel.

This error_log means that your watermark mod is not well installed...

Michel KIRSCH
1 minute ago, Paul McKnight said:

Mod page through Chrome was still frozen (tabs, etc.)

Did you clear the cache? (Ctrl+F5 with Firefox. With Chrome: ??)

Paul McKnight

Cache cleared on both browsers. With all mods uninstalled the Mod page is unresponsive with Chrome. All 3 molds function as expected when checked on both browsers. Let me know if you want to get on the site.  

Michel KIRSCH

Paul,

I'm giving up my place to a Chrome user

Someone?

Last thing you can do is opening the console (F12) and send us a screenshot of what you see...

Michel

Paul,

What version of PHP are you running?  I did not see it mentioned any place.

TNG v14 requires a minimum of PHP 7

Paul,

Admin > Setup > Diagnostic tab will display what PHP version is running on your site.

Paul,

I have not tested with PHP 7.2 but only with PHP 7.4.  Do all other rows on that page show green check marks?

What is the shown for the Webserver: 

Michel KIRSCH

Paul,

The Google Tag Manager is installed on your site.

It is the 2012 version.

Don't know if it is relevant, but try to uninstall it before continue tests.

Michel

Paul McKnight

Michel, I believe this has to do with Google Analytics. I've never been too happy with Analytics so I removed it. It's in trash and will be permanently deleted in 35 days.  Still no change on the Mods page.