TNG Community

Census Plus Interantional - Duplication

DAshers

I saw that there was a newer 'point' version of CPI so I downloaded and installed but I have had to uninstall.

(TNG Version 14.0.1, upgraded CPI from 14.0.1.13a to 14.0.1.13b)

After upgrading, Census Plus International, the language 'pack', and adding the Media to the mix gave me duplicates for each census. On the person page any census linked to that person showed twice and on the mod manager page there were two 'instances' of the mod appearing on the left hand frame.

I uninstalled both the language, as I don't think that I needed it, and the newly installed media mod but the problem remained. This was not the end of the world until I tried to add a new person to TNG, I could not add a new person, whether adding a person to an existing family or creating a complete new person from the 'People' menu, it would not add to the database and gave me a message identifying that. I checked my database online and all seemed fine

I uninstalled the CPI mod and I can add new people, all the tables are there still, with all of the data, but I obviously cannot add new census data.

(For info: I do not, and have never, linked to an online repository, apart from adding a url link when I create a census, and add an image in the CPI mod to a locally stored .jpg of the census downloaded from a site)

Not sure what I did wrong, but hopefully I can fix without losing data in the tables

Regards

Paul

Paul,

1 hour ago, DAshers said:

On the person page any census linked to that person showed twice and on the mod manager page there were two 'instances' of the mod appearing on the left hand frame.

It sounds like you have 2 versions of the mod installed.  before you install v14.0.0.13b you must uninstall v14.0.0.13a.

This was not the end of the world until I tried to add a new person to TNG, I could not add a new person, whether adding a person to an existing family or creating a complete new person from the 'People' menu

The Census Plus International mod should not prevent adding a person to an existing family.

Please uninstall all Census Plus International mod versions (main mod, language mod, and media version if you installed it)  Make sure the Mod Manager shows all mods uninstalled before you try to install the new version.

it would not add to the database and gave me a message identifying that

What exactly is the message you are getting? 

(For info: I do not, and have never, linked to an online repository, apart from adding a url link when I create a census, and add an image in the CPI mod to a locally stored .jpg of the census downloaded from a site)

I have no clue as to what you are referring to in the above statement.

22 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

It sounds like you have 2 versions of the mod installed.  before you install v14.0.0.13b you must uninstall v14.0.0.13a.

I thought that, I ensured that I had no CPI versions installed or on server, then downloaded last version from site, extracted and uploaded to server

image.png

When I go to Administration page i see this (note bottom two entries)

image.png

When I now try to add a new person
image.png

I get this screen

image.png

If I remove mod then person adds normally

25 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

I have no clue as to what you are referring to in the above statement

It was some extra information that is probably irrelevant, please ignore

39 minutes ago, DAshers said:

I thought that, I ensured that I had no CPI versions installed or on server, then downloaded last version from site, extracted and uploaded to server

Paul,

The screen shot you provided only shows what mods are in your mods folder.  What does the Mod Manager screen show?  You appear to still have the mod installed twice, which could happen if you did not use the Mod Manager to Uninstall the mods.  You cannot just delete the mod from the mods folder.

Put the census plus v14.0.1.13a back in your mods folder and then let me know what the Mod Manager screen shows.  You definitely have it installed more than once.

Just put the mod cfg file in the folder and do not do anything else before you look at what the Mod Manager screen shows

Could be nothing but looks odd so i will post here, but admin page has either an extra button or has lost one, ignore if not related but maybe connected

image.png

You may have to restore the TNG modules using the full install zip file for your TNG version that show in the file list since you definitely have some residual code.  

Try restoring the TNG admin.php file and your may have to so Clean Up on mods that then show as partially installed

Paul,

You need to work with the file backups and not the database backups.  From your site full backup you might be able to restore only the admin.php and the admin_leftmenu.php and see what you have then on the Mod Manager screen