TNG Community

Data Validation -> Wrong Gender

Paul McKnight

Paul McKnight

In all versions Administration -> Miscellaneous -> Data Validation -> Wrong Gender will flag same sex couples. Any suggestions on how to get around this? Thanks

Allen Prunty

Warnings are just that ... warnings.  If you know that it is true then ignore it... and move on.  There are no absolutes in our research someone you think is your blood kin for years takes a DNA test and boom they are not your blood cousin anymore... does that make them any less a blood cousin.  I have two in my tree that are gender transitioning... does that mean they were not biologically born female and transitioned to male?  Just notate and move on.

I have a few same sex couples in my tree too... I ignore the warnings because I know it is right no one else is going to know that there is a warning when they look at my site.

Allen

Paul, Michel Kirsch published the Validation check mod.

You run the validation, you check what you consider as normal, and the checked warnings won't be displayed anymore.

For instance, I asked that marriage under 16 should be mentionned in the data validation. Once I have checked that the 14 old girl was indeed married at the time, I check it and it won't be displayed any more.

Don't forget that data validation are only displayed to the admin.

Paul McKnight
19 minutes ago, Allen Prunty said:

Warnings are just that ... warnings.  If you know that it is true then ignore it... and move on.  There are no absolutes in our research someone you think is your blood kin for years takes a DNA test and boom they are not your blood cousin anymore... does that make them any less a blood cousin.  I have two in my tree that are gender transitioning... does that mean they were not biologically born female and transitioned to male?  Just notate and move on.

I have a few same sex couples in my tree too... I ignore the warnings because I know it is right no one else is going to know that there is a warning when they look at my site.

Allen

Point well taken Allen. Thank you

Paul McKnight
10 minutes ago, Katryne said:

Paul, Michel Kirsch published the Validation check mod.

You run the validation, you check what you consider as normal, and the checked warnings won't be displayed anymore.

For instance, I asked that marriage under 16 should be mentionned in the data validation. Once I have checked that the 14 old girl was indeed married at the time, I check it and it won't be displayed any more.

Don't forget that data validation are only displayed to the admin.

Thanks Katryne. I'll give this mod a look.