TNG Community

template 19 Feature Links

John Paul

Hey y'all.  I'm trying to add a feature link in template 19 template setup using this format:

Family Stories, localhost/tng/extrapages/family_stories.php

Also tried: Family Stories, extrapages/family_stories.php and http:/localhost/tng/extrapages/family_stories.php

BUT the menu item does not show on the main page.  What am I doing wrong?

I've done this before and it worked, so I must be doing something wrong....Thanks

John Paul

Edited by John Paul
Added more info

So no one knows how to add a feature link in template 19?  I guess I'll just figure it out myself.  Thanks anyway.

Well I found this tutorial out there, https://tng.one-name.net/how-to/tutorials/templates/2/ 

But I still can't get it to show up in the main nav bar.  Does anyone know what the deal may be?
Is there a limit to how many menu items you can have?  I only have one extra menu item from using customconfig

1 hour ago, RickM said:

@John Paul

PM me a copy of your localhost tng config file AFTER you have 'added' these links pls..

What links are you referring to, Rick?

Template 19 is rather long to configure and understand : there are 100 different settings only for the home page. Really 100 : I counted them. So, John, where are you trying to add a link ?

• 2 weeks later...
John Paul

Ok. I've been on some other projects the last few weeks, but I'm still trying to figure this out.  Now, I've tried this in all the other templates that have the feature links box.  They all work as expected, EXCEPT for template 19.  Is there a bug here? or something else going on?  This is on my local wamp server, but it's the same story on the live site.  Please advise.

BTW I'm using tng v13.1.1 on both local and live sites, setup pretty much exactly the same.

Thanks,

JP

feature-links-t19.jpg

Edited by John Paul
Added more info

Hi JP,

I think you might be stating the wrong template here.. Template 19 does not have such an option as 'Feature Links as you depict above.. Template 18 does..

I have gone ahead and added the appropriate code for the featurelink stories on your live site..

Stories, extrapages/family_stories.php

I'm not entirely sure there is not an issue with this 'Featurelink' thing.. It seems if one clicks on a featurelink from the 'Home' index.php page and your link is to a page in the extrapages folder you are directed there fine. If you then click on a link that is either to another page in the extrapages folder or another, you get a 404 error because extrapages/ is added to the new link https://www.joneshyman.org/extrapages/browsemedia.php?mediatypeID=histories

Not sure anyone will pick this up.. It may be a 'bug'?? I don't know..

Edited by RickM
Added some extra

Rick, you didn't have to do that as I am using the histories thing now for the stories, but I, as always, appreciate your help.

Template 19.... here's a screenshot of template settings - t19:

image.png

Marsha didn't add it in there and Darrin says the same, so I don't know how it got in there.  Anyhoo I'm back to using t18.  I wouls have used template 21, I like it except for the red color.

Cheers,
JP