TNG Community

Age automaticly calculated pr event

ZuluFX

1 hour ago, RickM said:

Could you make it so there is a choice to use 'Years Old' / 'yrs old' / 'at age of' or something like that.

To be consistent with my display of age in other areas of TNG, I have the mod display this way:

image.png

I select display after the year, and made a one line private change to the mod.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michel KIRSCH

• tngrlkrz

• RickM

• Rob Severijns

Yup.. Thems what I is meaning Ron!! Actually that works for me <Smile>.

Edited by RickM
OOOPPPSSSS Wrong Name.. Sorry Ron

Michel,

Well, we still have problems, but new problems. I think that is good.  Putting it here instead of in the forum.

I installed the beta9 on Delvee.org, and tried to set the parameters to display the age after the date instead of below the date.  I tried the last parameter as "0" first, which suddenly gave me a partial install.  Set it back and forth a couple of times and gave up on the after, and set the last parameter as "1".   Here is what it looks like:

Double ages.JPG

Clearly, something is not being cleared from a PHP file. 

Uninstalled it completely, and now I have this:

after uninstall.JPG

Please do me two things.  1.  I will uninstall all my Mods, then upload a good version of the PHP file in question.  What is that filename?

2. When all is fixed (we hope) let me know, and also give me the specific parameters to have the age appear after the date [7 Nov 1947 (age 38)].

Will be glad to help in testing.

Rob Roy

Michel KIRSCH

Rob,

there is certainly trailing code in personlib.php

Now the mod is uninstalled, check if you can find some "Age at event Mod" strings into personlib.php and delete the code between

If you doubt, send me your personlib.php file .. or do as you will : uninstall all mods modifying personlib.php, load a fresh copy and reinstall the mods

Michel

Michel KIRSCH
15 minutes ago, Rob Roy said:

When all is fixed (we hope) let me know, and also give me the specific parameters to have the age appear after the date [7 Nov 1947 (age 38)].

parameters are 0 (not after the fact) - 0 (not before the fact) - 1 (after the date) - 0 (display on 1 line)

Uninstalling all mods then replacing the file with a known good file is longer, and very much safer.  

Used the parameters you gave and they work, but we still have an oddity.  It appears after the date unless the place is filled in.  If the place is filled in, the age appears under the date. 

Michel KIRSCH
1 hour ago, tngrlkrz said:

To be consistent with my display of age in other areas of TNG, I have the mod display this way:

Proposition reusing TNG text variables :

one parameter for display :

(age 45) OR (45 years) OR (45 years old) (this last doesn't exists in latin languages but well in Germanic languages)

2 minutes ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

Proposition reusing TNG text variables :

(age 45) OR (45 years) OR (45 years old) (this last doesn't exists in latin languages but well in Germanic languages)

They look good, could we have a (45 yrs old) maybe a (he/she was 45 yrs old)??? :blush: Pls

22 minutes ago, Rob Roy said:

Used the parameters you gave and they work, but we still have an oddity.  It appears after the date unless the place is filled in.  If the place is filled in, the age appears under the date. 

Rob, I have removed a place from one event and altered the options as Michel suggests, all ages now come after the event date.

And I have been through each of the options, they seem to be ok.. Hmmmm Quite weird!!!

I wonder is it possible you may have altered a module like getperson.php or one of the library php files and not made a note??? Just a thought is all..

I know I do that all the time and occasionally get caught out by it.. That indeed was the case when I started out helping test this Mod.. Slowed me down, then I got a bit crook (prob lack of sleep and too much stressing) slowed me down more..

I have fixed the issue.  Seems I didn't hit update for one of the parameters.   The only issue I have is a mod that will not install, and it isn't yours.  I am going to do without (not a biggie) until this mod is finalized.  Then deal with what I believe to be an unrelated issue.

Michel KIRSCH
29 minutes ago, RickM said:

(he/she was 45 yrs old)

I yhink its out of the mod...

Michel KIRSCH
47 minutes ago, Rob Roy said:

I must review the logic in display : i found an error. => beta10

If you use 0010, it displays on one line, but is limited by the date field's width.

On Wednesday you said I used the adjust date field width in both my instances (both licensed).  Will be glad to test beta if you feel necessary.

It's why i developp the 4th parameter to display on one line.

21 minutes ago, Rob Roy said:

I have fixed the issue.  Seems I didn't hit update for one of the parameters.  

You know I was thinking that!!! So blimin easy NOT to do!!!!! Oh feck Sorry I'm LMAO 🤣
At least you have it sorted.. I guessing the other issue will be related to a clean copy of the personlib.php .. Thats always a good one for me to remember as well..

Michel KIRSCH
1 hour ago, Rob Roy said:

It appears after the date unless the place is filled in.  If the place is filled in, the age appears under the date.  

Waiting the beta 10, in personlib.php,(and in the cfg file)

try to modify :

if ($aae_aftfact == 1)
                $aae_beffact = 1; // Make age display after fact = default

in

if ($aae_aftfact == 1)
                $aae_beffact = 0; // Make age display after fact = default

Michel

Michel KIRSCH

beta 10

- New parameter for "how to display"

- review logic code for "place to display"

- Translation for French, English, German, Dutch and Norwegian

Will Take 2 days of rest before create wikipage and publish the first release.

Will Let you know.

Michel

age_at_event_v12.3.0.beta10.zip

4 minutes ago, Rob Severijns said:

Michel,

After a job well done this is a well deserved rest ☺️👍

Indeed it is Michel

Bloody good work my friend..

Rest and a vino or two for you!!

1 hour ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

Nice, Michel....you are the Mod Master!!

Ron,

I take it that you modify the Age Calculation dispplayed in TNG since you display the date different that on my site which shows

• (84 years)  in the Individual page header
  •  (Age 82 years)  in the Father's line in th family section
  •  (Age 82 years)   in the Add Person Siblings Row mod
  •  (Age 78 years)  in the Childrens section

and in French for equivalent sections

• (84 ans)
  • (Âgé de 82 ans)
  • (Âgé de 82 ans )
  •  (Âgé de 78 ans)

Michel,

My previous reply to Ron's age display was before I downloaded your latest beta version.  Good choice to use the age display as used in the page header!! 

Interestingly, beta -10 showed as OK to Install even though beta-4 was installed.

Good job.  Enjoy the rest of our weekend. 

I am still fighting Windows 10 or my security approach since still cannot my local web site to match my internet test sandbox, so I have yet to be able to upgrade to TNG 13.1

14 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

that you modify the Age Calculation dispplayed in TNG

Yes,  I have altered it in various places, even Robin's Text+ mods.  It seems like a nice short format for age, which I mimicked from the page header.

4 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

Yes,  I have altered it in various places, even Robin's Text+ mods.  It seems like a nice short format for age, which I mimicked from the page header.

Maybe you should ask Darrin to change the age display in TNG.