TNG Community

Age automaticly calculated pr event

ZuluFX

I meant for the age to be after the location when I replied originally, since that would have kept the age on the first line.  Most of my events do not have a detail description, although a few do. 

I am still working on trying to clean up my laptop test environment from all the PHP 8 notice and warning testing from the last 2 years as well as getting my production site upgraded to TNG 13.1

Maybe after the New Year I will take another look at your mod.  Sorry I was mis-understood in my original request.   I personally do not see the benefit of putting the age after the event detail, but that is me, nor do I want the age after the date.

I will try your 0011 when I get a chance.  I do need to get my test environments cleaned up before Darrin releases TNG 13.1.1

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michel KIRSCH

• tngrlkrz

• RickM

• Rob Severijns

Michel,

I think Ken's wish is to have a parameter to display 'after place/location' ,similar to other mods and TNG itself, instead of 'after event'.  I think terminology may have confused the issue.  For example, TNG displays  parents and children this way:  

image.png

Mods like Show All Family and Add Person Siblings do a similar display with ancestors, spouses, and siblings.  BTW..to be consistent with the name header display on most pages, ideally TNG and those mods should display (55 years).  Note that Age is always the last data displayed on the line.

Events are very different though, since they *may* have 'facts' , which follow on next lines. Events are totally different in structure and combination, as you have shown and Brent has enumerated. I think having age after each type of event place  makes it very difficult to achieve and why I did not push for such an option.  I thought having option 'after date' with expanded date column width was a good compromise.  

22 minutes ago, Rob Roy said:

Have you thought about making it two or three different Mods?

I would not vote for this, causing more confusion among users and more mods to support and maintain for Michel.

Thanks Ron,

I thought that was what I was asking for originally but did not express myself correctly.  Most of my events do not have fact detail  lines or descriptions in PAF

To me the goal would be to show the most information on the first line without have to toggle to see the age.  I tested all the various options and non of them will display the age after the location. 

well since the users who indicated they are using the Age at event mod have sites which require login or are behind password protected sites, it is impossible to tell if anyone is using the option

If this parameter is set to 1, the age will ALWAYS be displayed after the event.

or whether that was a misinterpretation of what I asked for

Michel KIRSCH
1 hour ago, bhemph said:

With those combinations of events on your test person, you can see if

Thanks for the analysis Brent. I think we can let down media and collapse and reduce the cases to 4, if there is an event date

I think I'll make it easier : Choose bef/after fact or aft date (bef date has no sense) or bef/aft place with choices from 1 to 5 so the user has a true choice on where to display the age.

maybe with adjusting date field width if needed...
Will think this night, when sleeping :-)

Michel KIRSCH

It' another story, but while testing, I came across a BIG problem with Group Custom Events:
if the list of events to be grouped is empty (which is nonsense, but still...),
NO event is displayed...
The mod has been released since April 17, 2021...

:-)

Michel

1 hour ago, Ken Roy said:

well since the users who indicated they are using the Age at event mod have sites which require login or are behind password protected sites, it is impossible to tell if anyone is using the option

Ken,

If I am one of those let me know.  I have logged out and can still see the dates on those who are not living.  No, without a logon you cannot see my illustrious history, but you can see that of my grandparents.

www.theroyfamily.com

Rob the Sailor

And this was meant to be such a simple Mod..

Silly Season Greetings.. All I want for Christmas is a Mod or two that works, A Mod or two that works the way I WANT!

Sing to 'All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth', by Danny Kaye!!

5 hours ago, Michel KIRSCH said:
6 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

I should note, however, as noted earlier in this thread, I could not use the Adjust Date Field to increase

So you better use the 0011 parameters instead the 0010..

No, then I get drop to second line for within date column = wasted space on page.  So, as noted, I made change to make 0010 work on single line while overriding Mobile Site Enhancements mod's class with increase in datewidth length.

But, next release, not worried because, even better, you will have parameter to put at end of event line before the facts' lines. 😃

3 hours ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

I think we can let down media and collapse and reduce the cases to 4, if there is an event date

I agree, if age is to be somewhere on the event date/place line with a choice of various formats, and, let's say, at  end of that line, I see these (perhaps oversimplified) scenarios:

• no event date and no place....then no age
  • no event date and place...then no age
  • event date and no place...then age after date
  • event date and place...then age after place 

In any event (pardon the pun), the options should not have to be concerned with facts which follow, nor the media, should they?

Michel KIRSCH
3 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

you will have parameter to put at end of event line before the facts' lines

hard work, but it comes slowly...

I add the after date posibility - will check to extend the date field if necessary.

The rest is reday to test...

49 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

event date and no place...then age after date

Except that maybe the age needs to be in the place column and not the date column

58 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Except that maybe the age needs to be in the place column and not the date column

It it is in the place column, it should be first.  The age references the date, rather than the place.  A larger date column makes thins look quite nice.  To quote my 8th grade teacher “Neatness counts.”

3 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Yes. I agree. 

Michel,

v12.3.0.1c version:

Couple problems preventing install,then if that is corrected, during execution. 

First, getting 'bad target' on Location 9, line 166.

Location 9

you have triminsert:after,  likely inserting too much so results in repeated code.  instead of:

%location:%
            setEvent( array( "text"=>$displayval, "date"=>$custevent['eventdate'], "place"=>$custevent['eventplace'], "fact"=>$fact, "xnote"=>$xnote, "event"=>$eventID, "entity"=>$entityID, "type"=>$type, "nomap"=> $nomap, "collapse"=>$custevent['collapse'] && !$tngprint ), $custevent['eventdatetr'] );
%end:%
%triminsert:after%
            setEvent( array( "text"=>$displayval, "date"=>$custevent['eventdate'], "place"=>$custevent['eventplace'], "fact"=>$fact, "xnote"=>$xnote, "event"=>$eventID, "entity"=>$entityID, "type"=>$type, "nomap"=> $nomap, "aae_age"=>$aged, "collapse"=>$custevent['collapse'] && !$tngprint ), $custevent['eventdatetr'] );

Perhaps you meant this?

%location:%
            setEvent( array( "text"=>$displayval, "date"=>$custevent['eventdate'], "place"=>$custevent['eventplace'], "fact"=>$fact, "xnote"=>$xnote, "event"=>$eventID, "entity"=>$entityID, "type"=>$type, "nomap"=> $nomap, 
%triminsert:after%
"aae_age"=>$aged, 

Then it installs, but when getperson page is loaded, get a  '500' error, which prolog shows as:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected token ";" in R:\Laragon\www\tng13c\personlib.php on line 579

which is from location 3:

// Age at event Mod - Loc #3 - MichelK
            if ( !$data['place'] AND ($aae_displayWhere == 4;
// Age at event Mod - MichelK

it is followed by another if, so no code executed on that condition.

Hope that helps.

Michel KIRSCH
6 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

Couple problems preventing install,then if that is corrected, during execution

Forgot this version :

Trailing control code, bad execution, bad targets,.....

Was too tired yesterday...

I come back in the (my) evening with something correct

Michel

Michel KIRSCH
15 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

When there is no place, there is no column for the place...

Michel

Sorry, I do not have time to check the TNG code at the moment.  I am in the middle of updating my production site.

My impression though is that TNG uses a column for dates and a separate column for data.  Unless TNG combines both columns if there is no data.

Michel KIRSCH
3 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Unless TNG combines both columns if there is no data

It is the case when there is a date and no place :

in showEvent.php :

if( !$data['place'] )
                $output .= " colspan='2'";

I did track this down, in an attempt to make a change that would add the word Place before the "Place Data' . The problem with this IMHO is it is used for adding places but also the trr info etc at the end of each table on the individual page..

Umm I couldn't make it work (not smart enough) so left it.. I will see if I can find it again..