Top Posters In This Topic

• Michel KIRSCH

• tngrlkrz

• RickM

• Rob Severijns

Michel KIRSCH
11 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

but didn't realize the mod manager is left  with an inability to 'cleanup

Ron, iy is normal : when cleaning up, the mod doesn't retrieve its code in getperson and can't clean it up.

It is why the location #3 stays in personlib.php and is never cleaning up...

Michel

Michel KIRSCH
11 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Editing options should not cause a partially installed mod

Yes Ken, but it can happen. If the code of the parameter is repeated in the code.

It was the case with version 1 where the code "$aae_aftfact = 1;" was repeated twice (idem for $aae_aftdate)

Knowing this, the way I coded should be avoided !

I have the art of putting myself in impossible situations :-)

Michel

Michel KIRSCH
2 hours ago, Rob Severijns said:

I did travel the world and do have some sailorsblood running through my vanes.

OK : Rob the flying dutchman then? :-)

22 minutes ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

Ron, iy is normal : when cleaning up, the mod doesn't retrieve its code in getperson and can't clean it up.

It is why the location #3 stays in personlib.php and is never cleaning up...

Michel

Mod Manager Clean up will retrieve whatever modules that are in the .cfg file and attempt to restore the %location code from what was in the directive (insert:before or after, or replace)

The code inserted by mods must be unique and cannot be repeated in the modules.

If you manually update modules (Notepad++, TextWrangler, or Filemanager) any slight change will not restore the code because the Mod Manager cannot find the string

Michel,

How do the options need to be code so that the Age at event does not end up on a 2nd line?

No matter how I set the individual parameters, age ends up on the 2nd line for my Census events and likewise for graduation.

Age for Resident events that include a year span such as 1969/2002 also go to a 2nd line.  Worst, when I add RESI to the events to be excluded, I get a HR line followed by a blank line

Sorry this is on my laptop.  If you need screen captures, I can provide

Michel KIRSCH
52 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

How do the options need to be code so that the Age at event does not end up on a 2nd line?

The 2nd line parameter applies only when :
- the age is displayed after the date
- it exists a place for he event so there is not enough space in the date field to display the age on one line.
when the aftdate is set to 1 and the 2ndline is set to 0 you need to use a mod like Adjust Date Field to keep date and age on the same line.
In all the other cases, the width is limited by the width of the field where the age is displayed... and the age is displayed on a second line and can be cutted in 2 parts

Can you install the version 1a on your sandbox and give a page where the problem exists?

5 minutes ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

The 2nd line parameter applies only when :
- the age is displayed after the date

Michel,

Latest published mod is installed.  after restoring modules and cleaning up other mods.

Default parameters were not changed.  A 2nd line is generated by your code and places the age on 2nd line as shown in attached screen capture -  Not what I want when I spend a lot of time getting things on one line with collapse toggles.

Age_at_event_2021-12-18_062538.png

Michel KIRSCH
9 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

Default parameters were not changed

Well,

the default parameter is then "display after the fact.

and You have no fact(s) in these events...

Set the parameters to 'display after the date' => 0010 and use the Adjust Date Field to kkep date and age on the same line

or use 0011 and the age will be displayed on one line after the date if there is nothing after and on 2 lines if there is a place encoded for the event.

But the second line will display in the date field so there is no need to expand the line to see the age.

ken.JPG

Well that is very confusing.  How do I get the age to display after the location.

I do not understand what you mean by fact.

Michel KIRSCH
23 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

I do not understand what you mean by fact.

Oh yes. I'm so sorry. The fact means fact[0] and is called "Detail" for the lambda user :
will change the cfg parameters explanations

event 01.JPG

Michel KIRSCH

I don't know anything about PAF. I don't even know what it is. (maybe Pakistanese Air Force? :-) )

Displaying the age after the event location is (actually) not possible with the Mod

Wasn't part of the testers' requests....

But can be considered/studied to display before/after the event location...

2 hours ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

doesn't retrieve its code in getperson and can't clean it up

Assume you meant 'personlib', not getperson, since that is the mod's only target 😉

Well that is a shame, because that is the way TNG displays the age on the page and how the other mods displayed the age.

PAF is Personal Ancestral File which was available from the LDS church for years.  While it is a dead program, it is still the quickest data entry program for typist and not click and point users.

Michel,

I guess I was not sufficiently clear when I replied to a previous post

Sorry but life events have prevented me from participating more fully.  C'est domage!

1 hour ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

Set the parameters to 'display after the date' => 0010 and use the Adjust Date Field

That is the setting I use successfully.  I should note, however, as noted earlier in this thread, I could not use the Adjust Date Field to increase width because I also use the Mobile Site Enhancements mod which uses 'class' instead of the datewidth field so had to set it back to datewidth for events only.

Are there any users who use the After Event detail, which on data import may not exist for all events.

I guess I may not use the mod since it is not consistent with the rest of the TNG displays

24 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

After Event detail

Is that a mod? Can't find a Wiki entry.

5 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

That is the option that Michel implemented instead of putting the age after the location, as I show in the screeen capture which I posted earlier which causes a toggle for all events in TNG if you do no insert the age after the date

Age_at_event_2021-12-18_062538.png

Michel KIRSCH

So.. What do I do?

Parameter to display the age after the place if there is no Detail?

Or a parameter to always display after the place?

Say it and Michel do it...

Michel KIRSCH
1 hour ago, tngrlkrz said:

I should note, however, as noted earlier in this thread, I could not use the Adjust Date Field to increase

So you better use the 0011 parameters instead the 0010...

29 minutes ago, Ken Roy said:

instead of putting the age after the location

And if there is no location in the event? For me (for the Mod) it is not a problem...

1 hour ago, Ken Roy said:

Sorry but life events have prevented me from participating more fully

I know Ken. I was just teasing you..

41 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

:-)

4 minutes ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

So.. What do I do?

Michael, sometimes the answer is very ugly.  The parameters are complex enough as it is.  Have you thought about making it two or three different Mods?  Less chance of error, more work on your part.

Michel,
     I think the mod needs tested then on a person that the different combinations of possibilities can be tried.  Then the after the fact, I would take to mean at the end of the line since sometimes there is a fact and sometimes there is not.  The combinations:
Date, No Location, No Fact, No Collapse, No Media
Date, Yes Location, No Fact, No Collapse, No Media
Date, No Location, Yes Fact, No Collapse, No Media
Date, Yes Location, Yes Fact, No Collapse, No Media
Date, No Location, No Fact, Yes Collapse, No Media
Date, Yes Location, No Fact, Yes Collapse, No Media
Date, No Location, Yes Fact, Yes Collapse, No Media
Date, Yes Location, Yes Fact, Yes Collapse, No Media
Date, No Location, No Fact, No Collapse, Yes Media
Date, Yes Location, No Fact, No Collapse, Yes Media
Date, No Location, Yes Fact, No Collapse, Yes Media
Date, Yes Location, Yes Fact, No Collapse, Yes Media
Date, No Location, No Fact, Yes Collapse, Yes Media
Date, Yes Location, No Fact, Yes Collapse, Yes Media
Date, No Location, Yes Fact, Yes Collapse, Yes Media
Date, Yes Location, Yes Fact, Yes Collapse, Yes Media

With those combinations of events on your test person, you can see if it makes sense how it displays for the different options of the mod.  Without testing all 16 cases and making sure that the appearance of the Age makes sense in each case for each option, someone could say the options aren't doing what makes sense for option xxx to do.  The event display can be complicated for testing, I know I have modified that code to get it to display how I like it for some things and it takes a lot of iterations of tests.

Brent