TNG Community

Cemetery Burial Table and Cemetery Map and Image installation issues

tea2weeds

Robin,

I'm unable to download the Cemetery Map & Image mod for v13, I'm being prompted to upload a zip file to the wiki.

I was able to download the Cemetery Burials Table but was unsuccessful installing it.   I hope I'm following the instructions correctly:

1.  I backed up the files listed

2. Unzipped the files and ftp'd the cfg and folder to the mods directory

When I went to the mods manager to install the mod I get the errors listed in the attachment.  I looked in the folder that was in the zip file, there's nothing but another folder "languages".   What did I do wrong?

mod_errors.png

doh,  ok a bit fresher this morning.    I installed the Mod Settings Block and both mods installed without errors.   I enter lat and lon on a couple of the headstones in my db, a bit away from the cemetery location as a test.    I'm not seeing the pins for the plots.   Is there a particular format they need to be in or something?

cemetery map.png

Rob Severijns

@Tea2weeds

Check the consolidate pins in Setup >> Configuration >> Map Settings

That might be the cause

Rob

no, no change when I change consolidate to no - I also noticed your page has a pin icon next to it on the location in the table.  Mine do not.   I've tried with the text Lat: and Lon: before the values and without.

Rob Severijns

Tea2weeds

See the installation requirements.

Installation

In TNGv13, this mod includes a typical mod subfolder, with the same base name as the mod's .cfg file. The subfolder is atypical in that no files in it are installed to working TNG folders. However, it does contain critical files that contain the mod's language strings, which the mod does not add to standard cust_text.php files. Instead, the PHP code modified by this mod loads the language strings from files in the mod's languages/ subfolder. Read more about this technique.

Rob

yes and was able to install both mods successfully after that.   This is the screenshot of my mod manager and of the mt home cemetery.   The pin for John and Betty should be located about the middle of section JJ.   I must be close, just not sure if I'm entering the location properly or what I'm doing wrong.

mods.png

mt home.png

ok, so mine is in decimal format taken directly from google maps...what am I missing?   does it need to be in another format?   your site shows yours are in decimal format too, not sure what you're seeing.

Rob Severijns

I don't use the mod myself but it looks like your format is correct.

Not sure what's going wrong. Maybe it has something to do with the place level in TNG.

There should be a mod for that. Google_Maps_-_More_Place_Levels_Mod

I would think that it should be possible without the above mod

Otherwise someone that actualy uses the mod can help you out.

By the way you say 

your site shows yours are in decimal format too,

Can you enter my site? It's supposed to be private.

Rob

Sorry I thought you were the dev Robin - he had sent me a link to his test site to view his cemetery plot map.   Thanks for the info, I'll keep trying

Robin Richmond

Wow thanks for all your efforts, Rob.  You are a lot quicker than I am. It's hard for me to stay less than a day (sometimes more) behind incoming mail.

I don't understand what is happening on your site, tea2weedsFortunately, you found the zip file that I uploaded before I managed to post a message saying that I had uploaded it.  Your screenshot from Mod Manager indicated that the mod was correctly installed. And you clearly have geocoordinates for a headstone and for the cemetery. But, arrgh!?!, the absence of the map pin in the Headstone Photos table and the absence of the a message above the map are indicators that the mod (or at least the new version) is not installed.  I don't know how that is possible, except for the very unlikely possibility that you have two public web sites, installed the mod on one, and loaded showmap.php on the other. (Obviously, I'm grasping for straws.)

Can you send me your copy of showmap.php, or give me access to your site?

Oh, and I prefer to deal with support issues like this in direct email (or private tng.community) messages, so I'd appreciate it if you'd click on my name to the left and send a message from my profile - especially for the PHP attachment. :-)  I may come back and post the solution, but the community doesn't generally need to see the support conversations.

- Robin

User error - I didn't realize the gps coordinates didn't go in the Plot location but the Place Taken/Created location at the bottom of the media page.

Thanks Rob and Robin!