TNG Community

No photos shown after upgrade to v.13

Günter

After upgrading to version 13 only the thumbs of all photos are visible. After clicking to open the photos a window appears "Loading ...", but no picture is displayed. Has anybody else had the same problem? May I have made a mistake during the upgrade procedure?

Thanks in advance for any help

Günter

A couple of things to check...

Do you have the TNG 13 Patch that is available to download from the same page you got the TNG 13 Upgrade from?

If not, go download that and then upload the files and folders to your site to overwrite existing files - uninstall any Mods first and then reinstall them afterwards.

Go to the phpMyAdmin for your site and look at the database and its tables - do ALL tables have the same collation as each other? If not, you will need to change the collation on the ones that are the minority different ones, to match that of the majority. Come back for instructions on that if you need help and that is a problem.

Roger

Hi Roger, thanks for the quick response.

Indeed I hadn't had the TNG 13 Patch. But even after downloading it, and uploading all new files and folders to my site, the problem of not displaying photos persisted.

Looking into phpMyAdmin (which I never did before) showed the (for me) strange fact that the database as whole has the collation "latin1_german1_ci" wheras all tables have collation "latin1_swedish_ci". I am German, and never have used any Swedish umlauts. Should I change the collation of all tables into "latin1_german1_ci"? And how can I do that?

Günter

Günter - my question about the collations was more hoping you'd see that some tables were 1 collation and some were another - the mis-matched collations was a problem that occurred for some people.

Can you provide a link to a page on your site that is showing this problem?

Roger

35 minutes ago, Günter said:

Roger,

here is one of these pages: https://www.zerweck-familie.de/stammbaum/getperson.php?personID=I93&tree=Zerweck

If you need admin rights (or FTP access) please send me a personal message with a private email address.

Günter

Hi Günter

Yes, that page is asking me to login - can you eMail me TNG login details to rogerkiwi@aol.com

Roger

So your page is generating an error about an illegal mix of collations

In TNG ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. <p>Falls Sie ein Update installiert haben, haben Sie möglicherweise einen Teil der Anleitung übersprungen. Bitte rufen Sie die Datei 'Readme' erneut auf und achten Sie besonders auf die Hinweise zur Anpassung der Datenbankstruktur.</p><p>Wenn Sie TNG zum ersten Mal installiert haben, müssen Sie möglicherweise noch die Datenbank anlegen. Bitte rufen Sie die Datei readme.html erneut auf.</p><p>Wenn Sie der Eigentümer der Internet-Site sind, möchten Sie vielleicht den Support für TNG kontaktieren. Bitte kopieren Sie die untenstehende Meldung und fügen Sie sie in eine E-Mail ein.</p><br><br>Abfrage: SELECT r.ID as ID, rtop, rleft, rwidth, rheight, personID, firstname, lnprefix, lastname, p.gedcom as gedcom, branch, living, private, nameorder
		FROM (tng_image_tags as r, tng_people as p)
		WHERE mediaID="48" AND p.gedcom = r.gedcom AND p.personID = r.persfamID<br/><br/>Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_german1_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

so it seems like one or more tables is in latin1_swedish_ci and one or more is latin1_german_ci

So you can try to use phpMyAdmin to correct the one that is minority to the same as the majority, and the same as what the database overall is.

You should be able to do this by going to the database, and then clicking on the table you want to change to get a screen like this

image.png

and then use the Table Options part of it on the right to change the collation there.

Roger

Hi Roger,

thank you very much - this solved my problem. It was quite a bit of work to change the collation not only of each of the tables, but also for the entire row within each table. But now everything seem to work fine!

Thanks again! Günter