TNG Community

placeholders female.gif male.gif not displayd

pipsi

Hello,

after my verticalchart post I discovered that many of you have a female.gif or male.gif as a placeholder.

In another post I read that these images are controlled in the getperson.php - I have not found anything in my getperson.php!

I would also like to display a male / femal placeholder, what can I do?
I started to add manually a male and female placeholder, it is a little bit boring, I have more than 4000 persons in my trees 😉

https://schuster-pippersteiner.at/genealogie/descendvert.php?personID=I151&tree=SchuPipp&&generations=4

Thank you for advice!
Ingrid

getperson.txt

Ingrid,

Did you change the option in Admin > Setup > General Settings in the Media section for Use default thumbnails: from the default of No to Yes if you want the default

Michael,

Do you have any mods against the Chart Settings that perhaps changed the admin_pedconfig.php but did not change the admin_updatepedconfig.php?

Michael,

Go to TNG Admin > Mod Manager tab and click the Analyze TNG Files tab.  If that tab is not showing, click the Options tab, expand the Display Settings and change the Show Analyze TNG Files tab: to Yes

The click that Analyze TNG Files tab and scroll down to admin_pedconfig.php  file name and click it.  It will show which mods are in your mods folder that modify the file (whether installed or not)  Note which files make changes to the Chart Settings mod,  then scroll down the list of TNG Files and find the admin_updatepedconfig.php  and see if the same mod makes changes to the file.  If not then you need to contact the mod developer and have them fix their mod

If you manually change TNG files, then all bets are off.

1 hour ago, manofmull said:

'm pretty sure that "no photos" is default and you have to dot "yes"

Michael,

While No Photos might be the default, if you change it to Yes and later make other changes to the Chart Settings, it should not revert back to the default of No

Michael,

You need to look as to whether admin_updatepedconfig.php (not admin_updateconfig.php)  is also updated by the tables_of_descendants_v13.0.0.2.cfg mod

Michael,

I am not seeing that behavior,  I changed the Include Photos  option to the Default of No and the photos are not included in the charts.  I then changed it back to Yes and the photos are displayed.  I then opened Chart Settings without making any changes and the setting is remembered.

Michael,

You could simply replace the 2 files that control the Chart Settings from the TNG full install zip

1 hour ago, manofmull said:

Maybe Darrin will find what's wrong

Michael,

You know that Darrin does not monitor the forum, so you will need to report this problem to him directly

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Ken Roy:

Ingrid,

Did you change the option in Admin > Setup > General Settings in the Media section for Use default thumbnails: from the default of No to Yes if you want the default

Ken,

now I changed - thank you for your hint!