TNG Community

TNG retaining references to deleted media

Anrie

Good day,

I had a profile which displayed two headstones, one correct and one incorrect:

image.png

This despite the fact that only the correct headstone is attached in my PC Software (Rootsmagic):

image.png

I checked the Geldenhuys image as well, and it is only tagged with the two people mention on the grave.

image.png

I deleted the files from the server and removed them from the profiles in the software and attached using a different filename (just tossing ideas and seeing what sticks).  Then uploaded the Gedcom again (I update the site from a Gedcom once a week).

Now I've got the correct file, but TNG is still trying to display the deleted files (I've deleted both the files and their thumbnails).

image.png

I checked the gedcom in Notepad++, but it doesn't refer to the original, now-deleted files anywhere.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this (and perhaps prevent it - not sure why the problem arose in the first place).

Regards,

Anrie

The material may still be cached in the browser. (Do not know how to do it in Firefox but in chrome follow below)

If using chrome press the F12 key, then right click on the "circle arrow" that refreshes the page.

Click Empty Cache Hard reset, then press F12 again.

Close the browser, open again and see if the image is gone.

This sometimes happens to me when I delete an image, it is still there until I reset.

Hope that this helps

On 3/10/2020 at 11:16 AM, theKiwi said:

You need to to to the TNG Admin ------> Media and delete the items from the Headstones listing there.

Roger

Sorry to hijack this post but my issue is similar in that all my media is deleted from the server but it all still shows in TNG--Admin--Media. I can, and have, selected 'All' and then deleted however that only does one page at a time and through my own past errors I have over 17,000 media listed.

Is there a way to delete all at the same time, or clear the complete list of 17,000+

Thank you

56 minutes ago, PoppaSki said:

Sorry to hijack this post but my issue is similar in that all my media is deleted from the server but it all still shows in TNG--Admin--Media. I can, and have, selected 'All' and then deleted however that only does one page at a time and through my own past errors I have over 17,000 media listed.

Is there a way to delete all at the same time, or clear the complete list of 17,000+

Thank you

You can go to your settings and change the number of search results to a stupid high number like 1,000 or 5,000 and then you'll get that many results on a page in TNG Admin, and you can delete them all in one go. Then when you've done the few pages of them remember to change the number of search results back to 50 or whatever it is now

TNG Admin ------> Setup ------> General Settings ------> Miscellaneous - the first item is "Max Search Results"

Roger