TNG Community

Who's online

matvernier

Michel KIRSCH
51 minutes ago, NLapierre said:

Normand Lapierre

Normand, j'ai examiné et joué avec ton site. Peut-être une erreur en relation avec une une version PHP.
Une variable n'était pas déclarée.
Installe cette version beta6. Je regarderai demain ce que cela donne...

Normand, I have examined and played with your site. Maybe an error related to a PHP version.
A variable was not declared.
Install this beta6 version. I'll see tomorrow what it looks like...

Michel

show_online_users_v13.0.3.beta6.zip

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michel KIRSCH

• tngrlkrz

• Rob Severijns

• NLapierre

Michel KIRSCH
12 hours ago, NLapierre said:

Normand Lapierre

It seems that the mod works well... without the "customized log" mod installed..

Continue to test but it's difficult, because it morks well on my on line site.

Maybe a problem of time zone...

With beta6 on TNG 13.0.3, no other mods, these observations:

• seems to display connected "#d3d3d3'  gray OK, but have never seen an 'active' lightgreen.  Tried several templates.  But, if indicates at least the connection reliably, still a mod worth using.
  • Still these warnings logged, the /usr/local/php74/lib/php path doesn't seem right, since I am testing on remote/online test site.

PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening 'logconfig.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php74/lib/php') in /home/krzmarzick/www/tng13c/admin_users.php on line 369

• Clicking 'connected n' tab, displays admin_users with connected users sorted first. if one uses admin_users another way, then clicking 'connected' tab no longer sorts with the connected users first.
  • Closed user browser without logging off, inactive timer set at 5 min, waited 10 min, but user still shows as connected. Logged off 'admin', logged back in, and that user still shows as connected.  The gray isn't clearing, unless I uninstall the mod.
  • Logged off 'admin', closed browser, cleared cache, logged back in 'admin', and same user (who closed browser, and cleared cache) still shows gray connected (as well as 'admin', of course).

Michel KIRSCH
3 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening 'logconfig.php' for inclusion (i

Ron, I use         include($cms['tngpath'] . "logconfig.php");   to open logconfig.php. Maybe is $rootpath."logconfig" is better? (I think your have your logfiles are in another folder than default?)

8 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

seems to display connected "#d3d3d3'  gray OK, but have never seen an 'active' lightgreen

Maybe for the same reason : Mod can not access the genlog.txt file

9 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

Closed user browser without logging off, inactive timer set at 5 min, waited 10 min, but user still shows as connected. Logged off 'admin', logged back in, and that user still

Same reason... Will do a beta7 for that with $rootpath... (is it usefull? will check the difference)

10 minutes ago, tngrlkrz said:

Clicking 'connected n' tab, displays admin_users with connected users sorted first. if on

If the list is sorted by description or by last connection, the connected users will appears first. (If someone is using the mod, he must do one of those sorting) .

Maybe force the sorting with the mod?)

Michel KIRSCH

For all : I must fight with dates comparison.. PHP is not easy for that !

Actually all works fine if the parameters are < 60 minutes...

Michel,
     That is one reason for having your own table and updating it in your refresh_online_status function.  Then the date time format is in the database format.  The other reason would be for if the connection count is being checked at a time when Google, Bing, Yahoo, or whoever is indexing the site.  If they index getperson at 1 page every 2 seconds, the default log settings (250 recent views) would mean that the whole log could be showing only the indexer in just under 8.5 minutes.  Maybe it does not matter though if the connection information is not in the log for users when the site is being indexed.  I think it looks like the check_activity function would just assume the users were continuing to be active from that point in time until the user viewed another page recently enough to still be in the log file when the admin viewed the active users again.  So even with one user logging in and viewing some pages and closing their browser and then another user logging in and viewing 250 pages or whatever the log limit is set to and then then the admin looking at the user screen would show the first user was active several hours or even days later since the timestamp for the first user is not located.  I have not tested that case to see what will happen and am only thinking that could be a case that needs to be checked to see what happens and if it would be correct.

Brent

Michel,

I do keep logfiles secure outside the webspace:            ../../private/tng13c/logs/genlog.txt .

Is that what causes all the issues I listed?

Michel KIRSCH
10 minutes ago, bhemph said:

That is one reason for having your own table and updating it in your refresh_online_status function

Brent,
thnaks for all those suggestions and ideas.
I think, as you, that a separate table will be more easy to maintain than consulting the logfiles (too many parameters, places where the log file can stand, too many date formats, different 'recent views', etc...)
I think i will review the Mod in this sense...
will sleep 2-3 nights on it !

Michel

For all : stay connected !

Michel KIRSCH
2 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

Is that what causes all the issues I listed?

Maybe Ron.

This LAST beta7 version uses the $subroot instead of $cms[tngpath]... including the masked folders with logfiles.

But don't worry : i will begin a new mod as I said to Brent. There are too many constraints using the logfiles...

Wait 3-4 days before new Mod beta1 !

Michel

show_online_users_v13.0.3.beta7.zip

1 hour ago, Michel KIRSCH said:

$subroot instead of $cms[tngpath]... including the masked folders with logfiles.

Yes, probably academic or moot now since you shall be avoiding dependence on the troublesome logfile, but I finally got green with beta7.  So apparently $ubroot was needed to get to my out of webspace logfile.  

Michel KIRSCH

OH! What a pity! We almost made it! :-)

Make again = make better !

2 hours ago, tngrlkrz said:

So apparently $ubroot was needed to get to my out of webspace logfile.   

Yes, subroot is needed to find the user's configuration files if they move them out of the TNG root path, which I know you do.  So in order to find the location of your logfile from the logconfig.php subroot.php is needed and then whatever you specified for the location of the logfile.

Michel KIRSCH

Et voilà !

This is the new Mod : lighter and more reliable. Works only on timestamps with a little local table.

After install, it is necessary to create the "tng_users_online" => you can change the name in the parameters before create it.

Before definitive uninstall, don't forget to drop this table. (see screenshot)

Displays users connected in grey,  active in green (parameters)

in the Admin>>Users page, you can filter on "active users" (see screenshot)

I rename the Mod in "Who_is_online"...

Michel

who is - install.JPG

who is - users2.JPG

who is - menu bar2.JPG

Who_is_online_v13.0.3.beta1.zip

Hello Michel

I installed this mod and created the tng_users_online table and I can't see anything on my website at all.
I look good in Administration/Users and in the home page at the right of Logout and nothing appears.

Thank you!

Hello Michel

Ok I see now.
But I am connected and active and I don't seen myself in lightgreen.

Should I see myself in lightgreen if I'm connected?

Thank you!

Michel KIRSCH
5 minutes ago, NLapierre said:

Should I see myself in lightgreen if I'm connected

In Setup>>Log settings : is your name in the "Exclude Usernames" ?

If yes, you can't see your own connection...

Michel

Hello Michel,

No name is entered in Configurations/Configuration of the access log.

Nothing is displayed related to the mod

Thank You

Michel KIRSCH

Normand,

before to be considered as active, you must be ... active : visit one page of your site.

I set times connection/active on 180 and 200 minutes in the parameters : it's OK. You're on the list, and Georgio and me too !

Michel

Don't forget to reset the time value in the parameters !

Michel KIRSCH

This version beta2 :

- fix a (big) problem of blank page when searching for a name under some circumstances

- adds two parameters : one to display the "who is online counter" (wio_counter) in the menu bar (as in the beta1 version)

and one to display the same counter as a little icon (see screenshot).

ATTENTION the two parameters are on 1 as default at install !

Michel

Who_is_online_v13.0.3.beta2.zip

who is - 2 menus.JPG

Hi Michel,

Possible conflict between Who_is_online_v13.0.3.beta2 and  Sosa_mod_v13.0.1.7c on Template #15 and Template #19.

Bad display for the Template #19 with Who_is_online_v13.0.3.beta2

Michel i had created an account on my other web site on the following url: https://cnl-gla.ca/nos-ancetres/nlapierre2

Michel KIRSCH
9 hours ago, NLapierre said:

Bad display for the Template #19 with Who_is_online_v13.0.3.beta2

Via parameters, set the Show the number of connected/active users in the left menu bar option to 0 !

Possible conflict

No idea... Maybe a screenshot of what happend?

Michel

Michel KIRSCH

Michel i had created an account on my other web site

Normand,

I can't connect to the site. When i try to access the login.php : Erreur - La page n'est pas redirigée correctement

on the other pages it seems that I'm connected... Do you use the same DB for the 2 sites?