TNG Community

mod manager message $extspath missing

harold watson

A bit more of a context might be helpful.  What version of TNG?  Where exactly are you seeing this message?  Is it when installing a mod? or in the Status column for a mod, if so what mod?

Your message is just too generic to provide any help

harold watson

sorry for slow response.  i am using v12 on 6 separate sites.  only one of which throws the message when mod manager is selected from the admin page.  the message is displayed in the space where the mod list should be.

i thought i had updated the mods on all of my sites when i did last update to 12.0 but clearly not.  kind of a hit and miss TNG user.  the problem site is now showing 12.0.1 but i can find no tng wiki reference to installing the mod manger separately 

harold watson

i am using v12 on 6 separate sites.  only one of which throws the message when mod manager is selected from the admin page.  the message is displayed in the space where the mod list should be.

i thought i had updated the mods on all of my sites when i did last update to 12.0 but clearly not.  kind of a hit and miss TNG user.  the problem site is now showing 12.0.1 but i can find no tng wiki reference to installing the mod manger separately 

Mod Manager is integrated in TNG12 (and 11), not a mod.  Something has to be amiss in your update to that site.  The MM php files are prefixed with 'admin_mod' in the TNG root.  I would suggest copying these files from your installation/upgrade zip files.  6 sites, but just 1 LIVE site, right?

Ron

harold watson

no all live but will try your suggestion.  just uploaded all files today for the 12.0.1 update but will do the mm files again but just saw that mm files not in update, will pull from another site that works

Is this that same problem that you opened in a separate threads?   One now has to guess as to what error message you received.  If it is the same issue reported earlier this week, that the $extspath is missing, then it sounds like you do not have an extensions folder defined in Admin > Setup > General Settings > Paths and Folders which generates the $extspath in the config.php file

Edited:  If this is not a continuation of the problem opened in a separate thread, then please identify exactly what message you are receiving

It would be a lot better of others later, if the same thread were continued.  I guessed you had opened a new thread.

Check Admin > Setup > General Settings > Paths and Folders and make sure that you have an Extension path defined, and that the folder does exist.

This question and the other similar one were asked in a part of the forum that is meant to be for asking questions about the software that runs the forum - NOT the software that runs TNG.

I've moved it to a more appropriate forum, and merged it with the other topic.

Roger

This question and the other similar one were asked in a part of the forum that is meant to be for asking questions about the software that runs the forum - NOT the software that runs TNG.

I've moved it to a more appropriate forum.

Roger

3 hours ago, harold watson said:

i am using v12 on 6 separate sites.  only one of which throws the message when mod manager is selected from the admin page.  the message is displayed in the space where the mod list should be.

i thought i had updated the mods on all of my sites when i did last update to 12.0 but clearly not.  kind of a hit and miss TNG user.  the problem site is now showing 12.0.1 but i can find no tng wiki reference to installing the mod manger separately 

Depending on how you are set up you may very well need more than one TNG license.  If you are in fact running on 6 separate sites meaning 6 different domain names, then you would be required to have 6 different licenses. 

harold watson

thanks but that is not true, have been using TNG since 2007.   having really bad day, somehow locked self out of ftp access before i could check to make sure mod files are still in site.

49 minutes ago, harold watson said:

thanks but that is not true, have been using TNG since 2007.   having really bad day, somehow locked self out of ftp access before i could check to make sure mod files are still in site.

From the TNG license - license.txt that is included with the full TNG distribution

- The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding ("the software") may be installed on one public-facing web site only. If the software is installed on two different sites (ie, www.thissite.com and www.thatsite.com) then an extra license is required. The software may be installed multiple times on the same site (ie, www.mysite.com/this and www.mysite.com/that) without requiring an extra licence, provided that all licenses are for your own personal use. The software may also be installed on the user's private computer without requiring an extra license if that computer is not connected to the Internet.

Roger

55 minutes ago, harold watson said:

See Roger's direct quote of License.txt file - that says only 1 public facing TNG site is allowed.

As to the mod files, the error message has nothing to do with the mods folder.  The message indicates the Mod Manager cannot find the extensions folder as defined by the $extspath

harold watson

i cant address that, darrin has helped me since the beginning and i know that is not the issue.  anyway still fighting worse issues

sorry for any confusion