TNG Community

Problem when registering

jefflev

Hi folks, my son tried to register on my site and was confronted with this below.Clipboard01.jpg

I tried to register him from the admin/users/add new page and received the same. This has never happened before, only since I upgraded to v.12.0.1 from v. 12.0 a couple of weeks ago. Can someone help me with this problem? 

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Jeff,

Did you run the database upgrade step to add the new field to the tng_users record as part of your TNG upgrade?

To be honest I can't remember if I did or not. If I don't remember doing so, I must not have! Is it possible to go back and run it without losing anything? Is the database structure different from v12 to v12.0.1?

12 minutes ago, jefflev said:

To be honest I can't remember if I did or not. If I don't remember doing so, I must not have! Is it possible to go back and run it without losing anything?

Running the database upgrade should not cause you to lose anything. Just add readme12-1201.html to your TNG site URL and then go to the step for database update.

If you ran it previously it will indicate Already Done or something like that.  If you cannot add a user after running the database update, you will need to report the problem to Darrin.

OK, I clicked it and got the message:   

ALTER TABLE tng_users ADD dt_consented DATETIME NOT NULL after dt_activated ... failed or done previously

The Next Generation database has now been updated to v12.x specs.

so it must of been the database update because it's fine now.

Thanks Ken

• 1 month later...

On 7/21/2018 at 6:23 AM, Ken Roy said:

Jeff,

Did you run the database upgrade step to add the new field to the tng_users record as part of your TNG upgrade?

I'm having the same problem..  I didn't do an upgrade, instead I did a clean install of TNG 12.1 while using the previous database from TNG 12

After reading Ken's response, I downloaded the upgrade program, then uploaded "readme12-1201.html" to my TNG website.  I cleared my browser cache then tried to access the added readme file, but the browser can't find it.

Suggestions to add the new field so new users can register?

Carl,

I have never done a clean install since I acquire TNG 5.0.4.  I always do upgrades.

That said, you need to download the upgrade zip file for the TNG version from which you would have upgraded to TNG 12.0.1  It should contain the required readmexxx-1201.html file.  It should also contain a upgrade_db...file

22 hours ago, Ken Roy said:

Carl,

I have never done a clean install since I acquire TNG 5.0.4.  I always do upgrades.

That said, you need to download the upgrade zip file for the TNG version from which you would have upgraded to TNG 12.0.1  It should contain the required readmexxx-1201.html file.  It should also contain a upgrade_db...file

Thanks Ken, those 2 files did the trick.  All seems to be worked as designed.

Thanks again for your help.