TNG Community

TNG Wiki Family Group Worksheet - Rick Bisbee

LJLachance

On both sites (test & living)

MySQL mysqlnd 5.0.12-dev - 20150407 - $Id: 7cc7cc96e675f6d72e5cf0f267f48e167c2abb23 $ (client)
MySQL 5.5.60-0+deb7u1-log (serveur)

Php 7.3.9

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katryne

• kazooter

• LJLachance

• matvernier

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay, found the problem, Katryne.

In your su_text.php file, line 14.  The $text['su_conf_drop'] text must be enclose with both an outer set of double quotes and inner set of single quotes. Without the inner single quotes the supporting JavaScript throws up and stops processing all requests to create or drop the fgw table.  So to recap, on line 14 of su_text.php in both French and French-UTF8 folders add the inner single quotes and everything should be fine.

I've corrected it in my copy, so no need to send me the files again unless something else changes.

That's me again ...

Rick, I would like to use FGW on a completely closed TNG site for non connected visitors.  My family site is for members only, except home page with name cloud and some stats.

Of course, they would not be able to connect their submission to any existing person or family, since they cannot see inside. If I ask, it's because I tried. And I met an Internal Server Error. Because, on a closed site, you have to connect to display any other page than home and stats.

Is it a stupid idea ? Is there a way to do it ?

http://clan.chauvigne.info/fgw/fgw.php

Hi, Katryne.

Quote: I would like to use FGW on a completely closed TNG site for non connected visitors.

Go to the FGW setup page near the top and check the second box from the top:
Display form only to logged in users (uncheck to allow viewing and submission by all visitors)

Checking that box, FGW will only appear to those who are logged into your site. You can also add a link to the FGW which is only visible if you are logged in.  You can do that via your customconfig.php file using the TNG menu hooks.

I've added some examples of custom menu links to the TNG article here to give you a quick overview:

If you've done that and are still getting an internal Server Error, there is probably an issue with some modification you've made or, less likely, with your server.  Nobody else has reported this issue, so it would require an on-site debug to figure out what is going on.

If you want me to do that, please read this first: https://www.bisbeefamily.com/library/guide.php  and let me know. There's no charge.

Rick

Are you using a custom error document on your site?  Perhaps referenced in your .htaccess file?  If so, that may be the problem.  Also, can you look at your server error log for more info?

Rick, I created a sftp access for you. Are you sure it's worth the time and the effort ? It is begiining to be complex for me. My sites are hosted on a shared server at 1&1-Ionos. I haven't created any custom error page, I do not seem to have a .htaccess file on my TNG. And I have never looked into server errors logs. I do not even know if I can.

Maybe the TNG is simply locked except for connected users and one cannot go further this barrier.

I've pretty much ruled everything out, except the following.

When your site is set to require login and restrict access to assigned tree, TNG redirects an unlogged user to the login.php script.  With FGW, that script is not found and an error screen is generated.

So it looks like there are two problems: 1) FGW needs to allow the site to fine login.php and 2) your error page is not being found so a server error is being generated.

I will look into the FGW issue and get back to you.  Don't need site access at this moment.

Katryne,

Haven't figured out exactly what is causing this problem, but if you unzip the attached file and drop it into the fgw folder it should fix it until I can find a less hack-y solution. 

Also, I believe there is a problem on your site with the system's 403 error file.  Instead of giving you a server error, it should just displayed that the login.php file could not be found.  I recommend you call your server provider tech support and raise the issue with them.

login.zip

hmmmm ... wellllll....

The error page has disapeared, that's a fact, but it does not mean that fwg can be used without being connected, since the landing page is now only the login page.

Maybe it's just impossible when the whole site is locked to non connected.

Not sure I understand.  A visitor who is not logged in is taken to the login form per TNG design.  A visitor who is logged in should be able to use the FGW -- are you saying that even logged in, you cannot access the FGW?

In the TNG admin area you make your site private by selecting Require login in the Setup -> Privacy area.  Are you using some other method to keep your site private?

Rick, what I asked above was about allowing non-connected visitors to use FGW on a site where the site is made private by the require login option in the setup.

I asked if it were possible. I thought it might since FGW is sort of independant of TNG core. Maybe I was not clear enough in myquestion.

As it is on my site, with you recent modifications, a non connected visitor is lead to login or subscribe, without being able at this step to use FGW. While once connected he will be able to.

Okay, I've got it now.

To answer your question, yes you can display the FGW to the public, even if your site is closed.

I'm attaching some experimental files for you to drop in your FGW folder and try them.  Here is how they work.  If the FGW setup does not restrict access to logged in users, the worksheet is displayed to everyone whether or not your site is open or closed.  As long as the submitter provides an email address, a message with the worksheet id and key is sent and they can re-access the worksheet to make changes (until the admin closes it).

We will want to play with this a bit to make sure there are no unforeseen security problems.

Please let me know if this is what you had in mind.

Edit: I'm going to have to give you a whole new version of FGW because of other changes I've made recently.  Give me a few minutes and I'll send it to you.

There seem to be a problem with the link to TNG config.

once I launch this url http://clan.chauvigne.info/fgw/fgw.php

I get this error :

Citation

Warning: require(/homepages/xxx/htdocs/tribu/matconfig.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/xxx/htdocs/tribu/mat/fgw/tng_config.php on line 8

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/homepages/xxx/htdocs/tribu/matconfig.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php7.3') in /homepages/xxx/htdocs/tribu/mat/fgw/tng_config.php on line 8

fwg is looking for matconfig.php. Note that mat is the subfolder where the TNG stands.

Glad we got it working.  Your site looks real good.

Just wanted to point out something, though.  I'm not sure why the site is closed, but be aware that allowing public access to your FGW gives unregistered visitors limited access to your database.  For example, I just went to your public worksheet and entered personID 24 (just at random).  When that person and his parents appeared, I selected his wife from the Marriages drop down list.  She and her children  were then added to the worksheet.  If I click on the '+' button next to a child who has a family, a new worksheet is created for the child and his family, ready to be edited and submitted.  So you see, a lot of information can be gleaned just by entering random personsID numbers.  Fortunately, FGW does protect against showing living persons to unregistered users.

Obviously, if you install the FGW tabs, only your registered users will have access to pre-filled, edit-ready worksheets from personal or family pages. 

Also be aware, that even if your site restricts worksheets to registered users, the admin can create a worksheet, perhaps pre-filled with partial information, and send it to an unregistered family member to complete and submit.  Even though that person is not registered, they can access and re-access the form just by using the form number and key provided in the email requesting their participation, right up until the time the admin 'closes' the form.

Best of luck with the site. 😀

Well the site is closed, because it must be this way. Some parts of the data base is on line elsewhere via 2 or 3 of my cousins. But not the whole of it. And not by me. If anyone can access to the non-living part of it via FGW, I do not want that. And I will configure FGW to be accesses by connected only.

In the above post, that what I was asking, even if I am not very crafty with English language :

Citation

I would like to use FGW on a completely closed TNG site for non connected visitors.  My family site is for members only, except home page with name cloud and some stats. Of course, they would not be able to connect their submission to any existing person or family, since they cannot see inside.

I am sorry if what I want is not possible. And I am still more sorry to have made you work over an option that I will not use. Many thanks to have tried and being patient with me.

• 8 months later...

I have my site “namkudumbam.net” installed in 2015

Now I am upgrading the site as below (local host before transferring to Simply Hosting,

Wampserver        3.2.2 64 bit
Apache                 2.4.41 (Win64) Port defined for Apache: 80
PHP                       7.3.12
MySQL Version:   8.0.18-Port defined for MySQL: 3309
template is numbered 20 customized on template 10

The upgraded site is fully operational except problems with FGW and extra pages.

Family Group Worksheet  version 12.1.0.56
FGW Tabs Mod                   version 11.0.0.9

FWS is installed    wamp>www>tng>fgw and
mod manager>fgw_tabs_v11.0.0.9.cfg

The following is added in index.php

<li><a href="fgw/fgw.php"  target="_blank"><span class="l"></span><span class="r"></span><span class="t"><?php echo $text['Family Group Worksheet']; ?></a></li>

When I access the FGW from home page I get the following:

image.png

I need a solution.

Kris