Top Posters In This Topic

• Katryne

• kazooter

• LJLachance

• matvernier

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/27/2019 at 9:36 PM, Katryne said:

Hi André ! You may write to me via mail or the internal message system of this forum.

I have not used yet FGW. I am discovering it. I was looking for an easy soluce for my contributors to add their own family searches, while I would keep control over the final adding to the base.

I just noticed that FGW is made to add new families, but not to edit an existing one.

If you are in a "translating mood", maybe you could see what you could do with FGW help files. There is one in the English folder, but none in other languages.

Hi Katryne, Matvernier.  Just to let you know, FGW can be used to edit an existing family in two ways: either the visitor can enter the personid for both the husband and/or wife into the form to pull the existing information, then edit it; or hit the FGW tab on a person's or family's page to provide a worksheet with the current information that a visitor can edit.  The site administrator will still have to decide if the information is good enough to modify the site's records.

Sorry my site was down for a day or so, but it looks like you got what you needed.

Hello Rick and many thanks for these explanations. They are welcome, I understand better now.

While you are arround, can you give me some details about the lang files and the translations ?

1. -What is the use of the file admin_modhandler.php which exists only in the French (Ansi) folder and nowhere else ?
  2. - Why is modtext.php only in french-utf8 and nowhere else ?
  3. - What is the meaning of the "Drop table" button ? Is it the opposite of Create table, ie : delete table ?
  4. - In label.php what is this lang string about  : $label['famc'] = "Bio Parents Family"; ? Is it about a place to add some stories related to the parents' family ?

Good Morning, Katryne.

Let me answer your questions in order: (Edited because I just now understood the question 😊)

1.  The admin_modhandler.php should not be in the FGW French language support folder.  Please delete it and I will do the same for future FGW releases.

2. Ditto for modtext.php  and label.php in the French-UTF8 folder.

3. The term 'Drop' is database-speak for deleting or removing the forms table from the TNG database.  We probably should have used a less technical term.

The only files you should have in any language support folder should be:
help.php, su_text.php and text.php.

I apologize for my confusion earlier.

Hope that helps.  Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

Thanks for answering.

Rick, all the questions I asked are about the languages files inside FGW, such as provided by the zip downloaded a few days ago. Nothing to do with TNG language folders.

French ANSI folder includes 4 files :

1. admin_modhandler.php
  2. label.php
  3. su_text.php
  4. text.php

French UTF-8 folder includes 4 files :

1. label.php
  2. modtext.php
  3. su_text.php
  4. text.php

While in English ANSI :

1. help.php
  2. label.php
  3. su_text.php
  4. text.php

And in English UTF8

1. label.php
  2. su_text.php
  3. text.php

So, the main question is : Which files should I translate ? I haven't begun with the help file yet. But I did nearly all the rest of it ... So I may have translated some numerous useless strings. Please, tell me !

Yeah, my bad.  I revised my answer with the information you actually needed.  Sorry for the extraneous files and my early morning, pre-coffee confusion.

Most of the FGW language support came from Google translate -- ugh!

If you plan on revising the FGW language support, please provide me with your updated files and I will include them in future.

By the way, if you want to add a help.php file, just copy it from the English to the French folder and translate it there. 

The label.php file was connected to an earlier effort to add an automated merge feature to FGW which compares user supplied data side-by-side with what is already in the database and allow the admin to select which version to keep.  I may revise that project if I get time.

Hi Rick ! I think that I am done with the French translation. Except for the help file, which is to come (soon, of course).

So, I worked on 4 files, su_text.php and text.php, both in the Ansi folder and in the UTF-8 folder.

Here is the form on my test site : http://tng12.katrynou.fr/fgw/fgw.php?persfamID=I1803&tree=reve

I haven't tested every function yet.

I have a question about the tab title "Feuille" in French (on getperson page) : I use "Fiche" instead, but it does not stand in FGW lang files. It should come from TNG and there is a dependancy that I wish to get rid of. How can I do it ?

image.png

Note that in your zip, in the /English folder, text.php is encoded in UTF-8 and not in ANSI.

Hello again !

I found my error and modified my FWG tab mod config so that it can be accessed to guest. I do  not know how to delete this post or to delete the attachment.

Iimage.png

Edited by Katryne
I found my error

Thank you, Katryne, for translating theses files. Is there a way that I could proofread them and send you my suggestions of changes? I am presently using this mod and I think that it would be very helpful for users if all the terms used in the form in French would be as the ones in French TNG. For example, the form used to say 'Pseudo' and you changed it to 'Autre nom', which is correct in French. However, in the French version of TNG, this field corresponds to 'Surnom'. IMHO, it would be easier for contributors if the labels in the forms are the correcsponding ones in TNG. What do you think?
P.S.: Is there a way that we could have thes conversations elsewhere than in this Forum? Thank you.

Hello Hello !

Beginning to test on the ... test site.

Mails received by webmaster or by editor are not encoded properly. And the link in the mail is not clicable. What can be done about this ?

Citation

Pierre Joseph Bourgarel & Ursule Marie Anne Adélaïde Honorée Meifred
soumis à: Site de test pour la généalogie revestoise (http://tng12.katrynou.fr/)
Auteur: KatKat, Revest, , (xxxxx@lxxxx.org)
aucun

CONNEXION
Utilisateur: not logged in
Nom: KatKat
Adresse e-mail: xxxxx@xxxxx.org

Arbre généalogique: TestRevest

Lien vers la fiche de saisie familiale que vous avez proposée.:
http://tng12.katrynou.fr/fgw/fgw.php?id=1&fkey=07e2cbe534925bf41a61b35826f4d350

Merci d'avoir proposé vos informations pour insertion dans notre histoire familiale. Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé prochainement. Intégrer vos données dans notre site peut prendre plusieurs jours. Si nous avons des questions nous vous contacterons à l'adresse mail que vous nous avez indiquée sur ce formulaire.

Vos corrections et compléments seront toujours bienvenus

Sorry, the forum swallowed my answer, except for the zip file ...

Zip includes 4 files, 2 in each folder : fgw/French and fgw/French-UTF8.

You may also try it on my test site, here for instance :   http://tng12.katrynou.fr/getperson.php?personID=I3343&tree=reve tab  is called Feuille. I just found how to change tab name :  It's in the tab mod file : If I want it different, for I chose Fiche instead of Feuille for Worksheet, I must modify it in the mod, then uninstall it and reinstall.

André, I posted a message to you in the private part of the forum.

image.png

Still wondering how I can insert (as admin) a submitted worksheet , I cannot find a merging link. How do I do this ?

Katryne,

Quote: I have a question about the tab title "Feuille" in French (on getperson page) : I use "Fiche" instead, but it does not stand in FGW lang files. It should come from TNG and there is a dependancy that I wish to get rid of. How can I do it ?

The fgw_tabs mod inserts the following in the French cust_text.php file:
$text['my_worksheet'] = 'Feuille';

The quick way to fix that would be to uninstall fgw_tabs_v11.0.0.9.cfg, change Feuille to Fiche  familiale in the mod file, and reinstall it.  I will issue a new version 10 of the cfg file to fix it in future.

Quote: Note that in your zip, in the /English folder, text.php is encoded in UTF-8 and not in ANSI.

An interesting technical fact -- In English, there is no difference between ANSII and UTF8 (we Americans cleverly designed it that way.)  Editors usually just call English language files ANSII because there are no identifiable UTF8 characters in them.  I checked the FGW English file (hex code) just to make sure I didn't inadvertently insert a non-English phrase in UTF8.  I did not find a BOM marker, nor did I see any non-English characters. I'm curious about where you saw the UTF-8 characterization of that file.

The FGW form on your website looks great.  Please understand that the form does not merge the form into your database. It simply collects all the important facts from a site visitor and presents them to you in an organized way to manually add or edit into your site. This prevents bad information from making your clean data dirty. 

I'm working on a new version of FGW that displays facts you already have in your database, side-by-side with "new facts" submitted by a site visitor, and allows you to select which versions to keep -- to make intelligent decisions rather than leaving them up to a dumb computer. When submitted, the information you selected via radio buttons is automatically and irrevocably merged into your database.

If you have an offline site and would be interested in testing it when ready, let me know.

Katryne,

Please notice on the worksheet you presented on your site, I was able to add Francois' wife Catherine to the form and save it.  That would be of benefit to me if I wished to add a previously unknown child to this marriage, or add the date and place of marriage.   Even though I added no new facts, I did include a note.  Without that I would not be allowed to submit the form.

Your site emailed me a notice containing the link to the worksheet (as designed).  I tested the link and it takes me back to the worksheet for additional edits.

I notice you are not using a captcha.  A captcha will stop most bad crawlers looking to either spam you or exploit your data.  Probably won't be a problem for you, it's more annoying than threatening. The form data is stored on your site in a secure way that prevents (in theory) most conventional attacks.

FWIW

Understood ! Thanks.

For the ANSI/UTF8 specification, I can see it at the botom of my code editor Notepad ++ It's always important when working with French lang files to know where one stands : Thats for txt.php for instance.

image.png

For my tests (mods, css ...), I never use offline sites, I prefer to build a different test site on the same hosting. I will be glad to test there your new version.

Just looked at your test site.  Your language does not change anywhere - in TNG or on your Worksheet.  That suggests a problem with a TNG file, perhaps cause by a bad mod install/uninstall.

Suggest you uninstall all mods (including fgw_tabs) and run your site to see what kind of errors you are getting on screen or in your logs.  If you suspect genlib.php, globallib.php or other files, copy a fresh version from your TNG download package and see if that fixes it.  Then reinstall your mods one-by-on and check the language changing functions.

Quote: And how did your email looked ? Mine has bad encoding all along.

Looks normal to me...

François Feissolle & Catherine Teisseire
soumis à: Site de test pour la généalogie revestoise (http://tng12.katrynou.fr/)
Auteur: William Bisbee, , , (admin@bisbeefamily.com)
Testing your setup

CONNEXION
Utilisateur: not logged in
Nom: William Bisbee
Adresse e-mail: admin@bisbeefamily.com

Arbre généalogique: TestRevest

Lien vers la fiche de saisie familiale que vous avez proposée.:
http://tng12.katrynou.fr/fgw/fgw.php?id=2&fkey=eaf53482a328b4f5405bae3c00115f04

Merci d'avoir proposé vos informations pour insertion dans notre histoire familiale. Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé prochainement. Intégrer vos données dans notre site peut prendre plusieurs jours. Si nous avons des questions nous vous contacterons à l'adresse mail que vous nous avez indiquée sur ce formulaire.

Vos corrections et compléments seront toujours bienvenus.

Language changing : I do not see what you mean, for connected or not I can change the language for TNG and Fgw. Look at the Italian :

image.png

As for the look/encoding of the received email, it depends on my mail software (SeaMonkey) : it's OK in the webmail, and if I configure correctly SeaMonkey, it will be OK too. Sorry for mentionning it. The fault was mine.

For the captcha, I will set it of course once I install FGW on the "living" sites (I manage 2 of them)

Hello !

Attached is my translation to French of FGW, both ANSI and UTF8, both including now the help file.

I tried to translate with accuracy. But the help file is not exactly what I intend to include finally  in my sites, for I prefer other specific guidelines concerning some details.

You may have a look at the online helpfile here : http://tng12.katrynou.fr/fgw/French-UTF8/help.php

I am open to any suggestion. Especially about SDJ events, which I may have rendered awkwardly.

fgw.zip

Hello ! I meet an issue with creating the table.

I had installed first FGW on the test site http://tng12.katrynou.fr/

Then, I tried it on the "living site" https://genealogie.revestou.fr/

And clicking on the button to create the table does not do anything.

What I changes : meanwhile I had updated both site to TNG 12.2.

The FGW can run on the test site, for I had created the table before update.

Maybe there are difficulties to create the table with TNG 12.2.

Can you give me a tip Rick ?

NB : look at the wonderful link at beginning of the menubar, on each site. I added the captcha, ad advised.

Katryne,

Thank you for the French language support files.  I will Include them in my next update.

Quote:

And clicking on the button to create the table does not do anything.

What I changes : meanwhile I had updated both site to TNG 12.2.

The FGW can run on the test site, for I had created the table before update.

Maybe there are difficulties to create the table with TNG 12.2.

Can you give me a tip Rick ?

I must admit, all my testing is being done on TNGv12.1.  I will move it over to my TNGv12.2 site and see if something has changed.  It would be of great help if you can please tell me what version of PHP and MySQL you are using on your live site.