TNG Community

Error when adding a person

Bernard

I Installed wampserver 3.0 on my windows 10 desktop. After that I created a mySQL database and installed TNG 10.1.3 as is.

TNG starts as it should do normally. When selecting diagnose, everything is OK (green)
PHP 5.6.15
MySQL 5.7.9. server
Apache/2.4.17 

I start with adding a tree. This works
Then I want to add the first person but that does not work, i get the following message:

Cannot execute query: INSERT INTO tng_people (personID,firstname,lnprefix,lastname,nickname,prefix,suffix,title,nameorder,living,private,birthdate,birthdatetr,birthplace,sex,altbirthdate,altbirthdatetr,altbirthplace,deathdate,deathdatetr,deathplace,burialdate,burialdatetr,burialplace,burialtype,baptdate,baptdatetr,baptplace,confdate,confdatetr,confplace,initdate,initdatetr,initplace,endldate,endldatetr,endlplace,changedate,gedcom,branch,changedby,famc,metaphone,edituser,edittime) VALUES("I1","Test","","","","","","","0","1","0","","0000-00-00","","U","","0000-00-00","","","0000-00-00","","","0000-00-00","","0","","0000-00-00","","","0000-00-00","","","0000-00-00","","","0000-00-00","","2015-12-07 17:59:04","tree1","","Bernard","","","","0")

What could be the problem ?

Edited by Bernard

I uninstalled wampserver 3.0 and installed the older version 2.5. That works ok

• 5 weeks later...

Bernard,

The issue is most likely a problem with the MySQL settings. The date data fields that end in "tr" contain zeros and by default, the newest version of MySQL with Wampserver can't handle them. Here is the text of a post on how to fix this that I just posted on another part of the forum:

I was able to resolve my Gedcom import issues. Briefly, I discovered that the MySQL database would not accept dates that were constructed like "1891-00-00." There are two SQL modes that need to be removed to prevent this from happening. In my case, running on a Wamp Server, I had to Edit the following lines in the MySQL my.ini file:

Original configuration:

# Set the SQL mode to strict
#sql-mode=""
sql-mode="STRICT_ALL_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_ZERO_DATE,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER"

New Configuration:

# Set the SQL mode to strict
#sql-mode=""

sql-mode="STRICT_ALL_TABLES,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER"

I removed NO_ZERO_DATE and NO_ZERO_IN_DATE from the configuration line, saved the file and then restarted the Wamp Server. I then re-ran the import and in completed without error.

In working with Darrin Lythgoe to resolve my issue, I learned that the date data (1891-00-00) is not something that is in a Gedcom, but is data created by TNGduring the import process to make an "internal" format of data with only a year in order to add a non-existent month and day.