TNG Community

Error downloading Gedcom

msohlberg

I have several trees and several branches. When I try to create a gedcom for any tree and branch, the process completes without an issue, however when I click on the download link I receive a 404 Error File or Directory Not Found. I don't find anywhere where a path is stored for downloading gedcom files. Used to work, what has changed? Please help!

I have several trees and several branches. When I try to create a gedcom for any tree and branch, the process completes without an issue, however when I click on the download link I receive a 404 Error File or Directory Not Found. I don't find anywhere where a path is stored for downloading gedcom files. Used to work, what has changed? Please help!

GEDCOM files are saved in the GEDCOM Folder (Import/Export): you specified in your Admin > Setup > Import Settings. Just FTP the created file from that location.

GEDCOM files are saved in the GEDCOM Folder (Import/Export): you specified in your Admin > Setup > Import Settings. Just FTP the created file from that location.

Thanks Ken - you were absolutely right about the folder, but got any clue why the http error?

Regards,

Martin

Thanks Ken - you were absolutely right about the folder, but got any clue why the http error?

Regards,

Martin

Martin,

You can right click and use Save Target As from the HTML page, otherwise you need to define a mime type for the .ged file extension.