TNG Community
Sign in to follow this  
XerxX

Safe SQL delete all imported living people?

XerxX

Hi all,

I got a GEDCOM file that contains some 6000 people of which some 2000 are marked "living".

I imported it into an empty database, so all data there is, is this tree.

Now, I want to delete _all_ living people from the database so that all branches end with a dead person.

I tried to do it maually but that's not doable because of the many many branches to check.

(My plan is to make a new GEDCOM file with only dead persons and import it into my live site.)

So my question is simply if there's a script out there, that safely deletes all living people?

Because I've got a feeleing that it will not be enough to simply delete only the persons, as they are connected in families etc.

Or is there, maybe, another way to filter out the living persons, in order to make the GEDCOM file?

I'm using TNG v9.1.1

Thanks in advance

Erik

Jay Wilpolt

Hi all,

I got a GEDCOM file that contains some 6000 people of which some 2000 are marked "living".

I imported it into an empty database, so all data there is, is this tree.

Now, I want to delete _all_ living people from the database so that all branches end with a dead person.

I tried to do it maually but that's not doable because of the many many branches to check.

(My plan is to make a new GEDCOM file with only dead persons and import it into my live site.)

So my question is simply if there's a script out there, that safely deletes all living people?

Because I've got a feeleing that it will not be enough to simply delete only the persons, as they are connected in families etc.

Or is there, maybe, another way to filter out the living persons, in order to make the GEDCOM file?

I'm using TNG v9.1.1

Thanks in advance

Erik

This would be best done with a desktop genealogy program like Legacy Family Tree.

XerxX

This would be best done with a desktop genealogy program like Legacy Family Tree.

Thanks for your reply, Jay.

I _think_ it has worked out for me by first deleting all Families marked as Living and then all living persons, through the Administration panels.

But there's a lot to check before I'm certain.

Regards,

Erik