TNG Community
Leroy Ball

New TNG user registration request(s)

Leroy Ball

The rate of phony registration requests for accounts on my TNG site has escalated exponentially! How do I stop this? For instance, someone (or a robot) sends the name of, "ctsiqiim29QB" with a request to set up a username of, "ffjpsvlw27". That's obviously a sham.

The problem now is, I'm now getting a request every single minute! I can't keep up with it. What's happening? My site is: lyonshistory.org

I'm running the latest TNG release v 10.0.3.

Hiraeth

The rate of phony registration requests for accounts on my TNG site has escalated exponentially! How do I stop this? For instance, someone (or a robot) sends the name of, "ctsiqiim29QB" with a request to set up a username of, "ffjpsvlw27". That's obviously a sham.

The problem now is, I'm now getting a request every single minute! I can't keep up with it. What's happening? My site is: lyonshistory.org

You need to install a CAPTCHA mod: see a selection of options at http://tng.lythgoes.net/wiki/index.php?title=Captcha_Mod.

I use and highly recommend Rick Bisbee's Image Captcha add-on version.

DelG

FYI - I could not find a link-back to lyonshistory.org from your blog.

wingfield

I have a question about the recaptcha that is built into TNG (the one that uses the free google one).  if my site is integrated with wordpress, what URL do I use when requesting the google site key???

for reference, my site is :

www.themeinerts.com

wingfield

thank you manofmull.  I'll give it a try.