TNG Community

Edit drop down menus

DaveA

I can't seem to figure out which file to edit to add items to the drop down menus. I have searched through the posts in this forum, but have not found anything relating to my query. I am using template 10 and have edited the menus before, but can't remember which file. Any help would be appreciated.

I can't seem to figure out which file to edit to add items to the drop down menus. I have searched through the posts in this forum, but have not found anything relating to my query. I am using template 10 and have edited the menus before, but can't remember which file. Any help would be appreciated.

They're in genlib.php. Look for function tng_getFindMenu() for the first of the three standard drop-down menus.

They're in genlib.php. Look for function tng_getFindMenu() for the first of the three standard drop-down menus.

You can also use the new version of the Custom Menu Hook in TNG 10 to add entries in customconfig.php

I've searched genlib.php and cannot find the above or any reference to the menu items that I have on the media tab. I am currently using v9.21. The site is www.walshfamilyhistory.ca. As I said I have edited the menu's before somewhere because I have some custom items on the media tab, BMD records, Immigration records etc. Maybe my mind is going?

I've searched genlib.php and cannot find the above or any reference to the menu items that I have on the media tab. I am currently using v9.21. The site is www.walshfamilyhistory.ca. As I said I have edited the menu's before somewhere because I have some custom items on the media tab, BMD records, Immigration records etc. Maybe my mind is going?

Well you didn't originally say which TNG version you were using and the footer on you site also doesn't say which version you're on.

In TNG v922 in the default genlib.php the d-d menu code starts at line 399 (if($tngconfig['menu'] < 2) {)