TNG Community
dnuttall

TNG totally subordinate to WP login?

dnuttall

I'm returning to the idea of having a combined CMS and TNG and have decided that my long-time favorite (Joomla) isn't likely to be "bridged" any time soon.

So, I've setup WP and TNG 10.x, integrated the login/registration and have a link on the main WP splash that brings up TNG as expected.

I've added Brandon Wamboldt's "WP Access Control" plugin and successfully configured it so that my WP "Genealogy" page link doesn't show if not logged into WP.

However, TNG will still display whether logged in to WP or not.

Ideally, if a user tries to access TNG directly but is NOT logged into WP, they would be redirected to the WP login. But HOW to ensure that response is murky in my aging brain!

I suspect a couple of lines in an .htaccess in the TNG directory will do the trick, but WHAT to do exactly is what I hope someone can point out for me.

TIA.

Dave Nuttall

San Antonio, TX

Jay Wilpolt

Dave,

Have you read the WP- TNG forum posts ?

Heather has updated the WP-TNG plugin and I believe provides a switch that you can use to force all users thru the WP login (WP as the dominant login process) and also check for both login and privledges for a tng user.

Or email her direct if you dont find your answer.

Jay

I'm returning to the idea of having a combined CMS and TNG and have decided that my long-time favorite (Joomla) isn't likely to be "bridged" any time soon.

So, I've setup WP and TNG 10.x, integrated the login/registration and have a link on the main WP splash that brings up TNG as expected.

I've added Brandon Wamboldt's "WP Access Control" plugin and successfully configured it so that my WP "Genealogy" page link doesn't show if not logged into WP.

However, TNG will still display whether logged in to WP or not.

Ideally, if a user tries to access TNG directly but is NOT logged into WP, they would be redirected to the WP login. But HOW to ensure that response is murky in my aging brain!

I suspect a couple of lines in an .htaccess in the TNG directory will do the trick, but WHAT to do exactly is what I hope someone can point out for me.

TIA.

Dave Nuttall

San Antonio, TX