TNG Community

Use of the root-level css/mytngstyles.css file

Robin Richmond

Robin Richmond

I know that I can add my own styles to templates/template(i)/css/mytngstyle.css, and those new styles will be loaded into (at least virtually) all programs when template(i) is turned on.

There is also a mytngstyle.css file in the root css subfolder. It contains a comment that says style properties defined in mytngstyle.css will override corresponding properties in genstyle.css. But trying both v9 and v10, styles that I define in {root}/css/mytngstyle.css never work. (And they are never defined when I inspect the DOM.) Further, when I search the php AND css code, it appears that {root}/css/mytngstyle.css is never referenced.

Evidently, if I want to have custom styles for my own programming (or my own mods), I have to put them in {root}/css/genstyle.css.

Am I right? Is {root}/css/mytngstyle.css superfluous?

I know that I can add my own styles to templates/template(i)/css/mytngstyle.css, and those new styles will be loaded into (at least virtually) all programs when template(i) is turned on.

There is also a mytngstyle.css file in the root css subfolder. It contains a comment that says style properties defined in mytngstyle.css will override corresponding properties in genstyle.css. But trying both v9 and v10, styles that I define in {root}/css/mytngstyle.css never work. (And they are never defined when I inspect the DOM.) Further, when I search the php AND css code, it appears that {root}/css/mytngstyle.css is never referenced.

Evidently, if I want to have custom styles for my own programming (or my own mods), I have to put them in {root}/css/genstyle.css.

Am I right? Is {root}/css/mytngstyle.css superfluous?

The root/css/mytngstyle.css only applies when you do not select a template and use the default TNG styles in genstyle.css.