TNG Community

Joomla 2.5/3.0 TNG Bridge - In Development

SAS

All,

I am back at it after a long delay. I am updating all the code to support the new TNG code with Joomla 2.5 and 3.0. I have the authentication Plugin rewritten and loading. It is currently pending and update to the Component which I am in the middle of rewriting.

I am hoping to have a testing version within the next week or two depending on free time in the evenings, but the rewrite is going quite quickly.

The first release will me limited at first:

- Authentication

- iFRAME Wrapper of TNG

following will be full integration.

Sean

All,

I am back at it after a long delay. I am updating all the code to support the new TNG code with Joomla 2.5 and 3.0. I have the authentication Plugin rewritten and loading. It is currently pending and update to the Component which I am in the middle of rewriting.

I am hoping to have a testing version within the next week or two depending on free time in the evenings, but the rewrite is going quite quickly.

- Authentication

- iFRAME Wrapper of TNG

Sean

Awesome! Thanks Sean!

Please come visit us in our Google group: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups...forum/joomlatng

• 9 months later...

All,

- Authentication

- iFRAME Wrapper of TNG

Sean

Hi Sean,

any news/updates on this? (can't wait! :-D )

Thanks a lot!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Sean. Do you have any news about this integration with Joomla? It would be sooooo appreciated, especially for users like me who are no programmer!
Thank you,

• 10 months later...

I've not been involved with this Forum (as I should have been. Now that I see it, I want to introduce you to another forum discussing the topic. MANY years ago, there were some attempts at a bridge that was live for testing. As TNG was going forward, the folks working on the bridge couldn't keep up with the TNG updates, so they gave up. At least that's how I remember it.

The discussion for that work died as well, so in 2012, I started a Google Group to boost the topic. We had a couple of people who were nibbling at the project, but that didn't get far. We looked into advertising for a Joomla coder and that didn't get far. Through 2012 and 2013, there were discussions (still available), but that petered out (Sorry Peter). In 2015 and 2016, I poked the group a little but nothing came of it.

In 2019, I got a couple of new people asking to join, so I tried to rattle the cages to see who was still are. As a result, we have a new person actually working on. All of the new discussion is on the topic "New Members". The group and all discussions are available for public viewing here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/joomlatng. If you want to comment there, send a request to join and I'll make it happen.

The current attempt is to simply get the Joomla login match up with the TNG login.

Doug Beezley

Wow... I just checked and I was posting here on this topic 2007-2010. Of course, I can barely remember last week.