TNG Community

Submit Headstone Mod

DelG

'Submit Headstone Photo' is persistent (shows regardless) on my site even when a headstone photo has been linked to the person and the cemetery. see example at link below.

My expectation is the link would should not display if a headstone photo is linked. Is there something I've not installed correctly? - Thanks!

ourfamilysaga.com

'Submit Headstone Photo' is persistent (shows regardless) on my site even when a headstone photo has been linked to the person and the cemetery. see example at link below.

My expectation is the link would should not display if a headstone photo is linked. Is there something I've not installed correctly? - Thanks!

ourfamilysaga.com

You need to edit the photo and assign it to the burial event for the person attached to it.

Jeff

You need to edit the photo and assign it to the burial event for the person attached to it.

Jeff

Where is the 'Burial' event available/selected? In Media Links, 'Burial' is not one of the options [Person, Family, Source, Repository, Place]. I've already associated it with a Cemetery. Are you saying I also must create a 'Place' link in Media Links?

v.9.0.2

Where is the 'Burial' event available/selected? In Media Links, 'Burial' is not one of the options [Person, Family, Source, Repository, Place]. I've already associated it with a Cemetery. Are you saying I also must create a 'Place' link in Media Links?

v.9.0.2

Here's a screen shot a typical Edit Photo:

v.9.0.2

Here's a screen shot a typical Edit Photo:

There should be a 'Media Links' option on this page. Click the edit icon for the assigned person. You will get a pop-up to allow you to assign an event.

Jeff

Burial events are associated with Persons, so you need to select Person from the link type pull down. Once you have link the media to a person, you then need to edit the link and assopciate it to the Burial Event.

See Media_-_Add_New - Edit_Link

Burial events are associated with Persons, so you need to select Person from the link type pull down. Once you have link the media to a person, you then need to edit the link and assopciate it to the Burial Event.

See Media_-_Add_New - Edit_Link

Thanks Ken - that worked. Learn something new everyday! It would be great to have all the available selections in one place to save steps. Now, I have to go back through all my headstone photos and make this link so am glad to have learned this now - better late than later.

• 3 years later...

I added the image and did the link, and the 'submit headstone' link is still there... 

What else needs to be filled out?   Or more properly, what is the code looking for in order to display/not display the link?