TNG Community

"find all individuals with events..."

greenery

I've attached a screenshot that shows how the "find all individuals..." link shows up again and again. It is fairly disruptive and I'd like to delete it but I'm unclear on where to find the code.

Any help much appreciated.

I've attached a screenshot that shows how the "find all individuals..." link shows up again and again. It is fairly disruptive and I'd like to delete it but I'm unclear on where to find the code.

Any help much appreciated.

A link to the page that shows this would be quite helpful.

Roger

John Kleinmann

Hi.. thanks for sending the link over. It looks like all of your images are broken (maybe not pointing to the proper directory?). When I view your page, all I see is the broken image icon. This is why you're seeing the words "find all individuals...". That is probably the alt text when the image can't be found.

Now that you point it out, the images are all broken -- which is odd, as I haven't changed directories, at least to my knowledge. I'll see if I can trace down the problem. Many thanks to both of you.

So it is now fixed (I had to reimport the img file), and I'm very happy with the way things stand. I have a lot of small things to futz with (that never ends), but I'm comfortable having my herds of relatives clomping through.

If I may ask, Roger, are you still having trouble accessing the site? I'm a little worried about that, though John seemed to get in without trouble. If you could look at this page:

http://stellacilento.org/tng/getperson.php...ree=14March2012

If you can get in with the visitor/visitor un/pw then maybe I could also get your opinion on something. Of course I don't have images or photos of 99 percent of my individuals, but I hate that blank box. So I fished around for older, out of copyright portraits and came up with two, one male, one female. The only problem I foresee is people asking me why so many ancestors looked alike (and I know exactly who will ask me that), so maybe I should put some kind of tag across the images. Or I could find 2,000 portraits and match them up to the faceless. That's the ticket. Makes perfect sense.

thanks again

rosina

So it is now fixed (I had to reimport the img file), and I'm very happy with the way things stand. I have a lot of small things to futz with (that never ends), but I'm comfortable having my herds of relatives clomping through.

If I may ask, Roger, are you still having trouble accessing the site? I'm a little worried about that, though John seemed to get in without trouble. If you could look at this page:

http://stellacilento.org/tng/getperson.php...ree=14March2012

If you can get in with the visitor/visitor un/pw

I missed seeing the username/password earlier so couldn't log in - now I've seen that it works for me.

Roger