TNG Community

Rip Prevention mod 'Lockout'

Hiraeth

Could someone please help with a problem that has developed with the Rip Prevention mod (using latest version v8.1.2). The mod was working OK but not displaying the correct rip challenge text. I made some changes to the rip challenge text in my cust_text.php file and initially had no problems with the revised text appearing correctly.

However a problem developed after further tweaking of the text. When testing, after a number of fast accesses I got 'locked out' with a blank screen (the Rip Warning message was not displayed). I was able to 'recover' only by removing extensions/check_access.php via FTP and then logging in.

I have restored the previous version of cust_text.php but the problem persists. I also had the rip-challenge mod installed but have now removed that, also with no effect on the 'lock-out'.

I am using TNG v8.1.1 and have the same problem whether using FF4 or IE8 browser.

Could someone please help with a problem that has developed with the Rip Prevention mod (using latest version v8.1.2). The mod was working OK but not displaying the correct rip challenge text. I made some changes to the rip challenge text in my cust_text.php file and initially had no problems with the revised text appearing correctly.

However a problem developed after further tweaking of the text. When testing, after a number of fast accesses I got 'locked out' with a blank screen (the Rip Warning message was not displayed). I was able to 'recover' only by removing extensions/check_access.php via FTP and then logging in.

I have restored the previous version of cust_text.php but the problem persists. I also had the rip-challenge mod installed but have now removed that, also with no effect on the 'lock-out'.

I am using TNG v8.1.1 and have the same problem whether using FF4 or IE8 browser.

To fix the lockout, you can manually "unblock" yourself using phpMyAdmin editing the site_access table on the entry for your own IP address.

On a related note, I have been having problems with this mod too. For me, none of the buttons on the Show Access page work. I have tried sorting, banning, even banning myself, and nothing works. Any ideas?

Bryan

To fix the lockout, you can manually "unblock" yourself using phpMyAdmin editing the site_access table on the entry for your own IP address.

On a related note, I have been having problems with this mod too. For me, none of the buttons on the Show Access page work. I have tried sorting, banning, even banning myself, and nothing works. Any ideas?

Bryan

The reason for my problem was down to a change I made in the a file created by the rip_challenge mod (rip_challenge.php). I changed a text variable at approx. line 55 (after the line 'tng_header( "RIP Prevention Challenge", $flags );' from:

echo "<h3>$text[challenge_heading]</h3>";

to

echo "<h3>$text['ripchal_header']</h3>";

However, enclosing the variable name in single quotes requires the whole $text name to be enclosed in curly brackets, so it needs to be as follows:

echo "<h3>{$text['ripchal_header']}</h3>";

I do not have a problem with the actual rip_prevention mod and all buttons seem to work OK. Sorry I don't know what to suggest except a clean re-install. But no doubt you've already tried that.

• 3 years later...

The last post to this thread was three years ago.

I am currently locked out from my website. I successfully installed the Rip Prevention Mod and then changed some of the text. Ooooops.

I have attempted many times to force a change of my IP address via the router. No change. I have unplugged the router (it has no battery) for a while. No change. Comcast seems unable to help me.

In phpMyAdmin, I am unable to find site_access table.

Help and thank you.

Jay Wilpolt

The last post to this thread was three years ago.

I am currently locked out from my website. I successfully installed the Rip Prevention Mod and then changed some of the text. Ooooops.

I have attempted many times to force a change of my IP address via the router. No change. I have unplugged the router (it has no battery) for a while. No change. Comcast seems unable to help me.

In phpMyAdmin, I am unable to find site_access table.

Help and thank you.

Arnold,

I can clearly see the table called site_access in phpmyadmin listed before any tng tables.

maybe you are looking at a test database or diff domain?

Jay

MORE ADDED: This time I went to the right domain and deleted my IP Address from those listed. All is right with the world once more.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

ADDED: It is a different domain. You are a genius. I had to go back a read your post again. Ignore initial post below.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Hi Jay,

This is odd. I am with Simply Hosting. I see phpMyAdmin 4.18. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Here is what I have in the left-hand column of phpMyAdmin:

New

name of my database

New

tng_addresses

tng_albumlinks

through

tng_users

tng_xnotes

Thanks,

Arnold