TNG Community

Restore problem

martin

I've a problem with uploading a gedcomfile from the program Aldfaer to TNG. Not for the first time.Foto's and records are quite in disorder. No problem, because I had made a backup of all the tables.

But there is a problem. When I restored the tables I got a message like this :

Cannot execute query: INSERT INTO tng_xnotes (ID,noteID,gedcom,note) VALUES ("27681","","Avalon","beroep landbouwer" ),("27682","","Avalon","alias Maria Veeburg" ),("27683","","Avalon","alias Herm Meis Koburg" ),("27684","","Avalon","beroep wever" ),("27685","","Avalon","beroep timmerman, wever" ),("27686","","Avalon","beroep

How can I yet get back the restored tables TNG ?

Martin

Since you already have a backup of your data, maybe you could start fresh:

Administration|Setup & Configuration|Table Creation|Setup Tables

This will start you with fresh empty tables - then import your data again.

BEFORE doing the above, I would download a copy of the datafile to my home computer.

Also, I would do the restore in phpmyadmin rather than through the TNG Admin interface. I like to work directly with my database in these cases as I'm more familiar with phpmyadmin than the TNG restore script.

If you upgraded TNG to a newer version since your last data backup the database structure may have changed. This could prevent a successful import.