TNG Community
svoght

TNG mod manager files for tngIL

svoght

Hi all,

I've revised the TNG mod manager configuration files for the e107-TNG integration. I've split the e107 modifications into a separate file from the TNG modifications, because they will both be updated on separate time lines (e.g., there's a new e107 v0.7.23 that breaks a few of the old mods and needed to be patched, but TNG remains at v8.0.1, or v7.1.3 if you're on the old version.)

So here's the new config files and a quick bit of instructions:

TNG_e107_integration_mods.zip

e107_integration-e107mod_v#.#.##.cfg - does all of the e107 file patches needed to run tngIL (class2.php, footer_default.php, and e107.css). The version number will match the current e107 version it is written for. (v0.7.23 changed several targets from the earlier versions, so you MUST be running that version for this mod!) Regardless of the TNG version you are running, you should install this mod.

e107_integration-TNG#mod_v#.0.0.cfg - does all of the TNG file patches that make the tngIL integration look much nicer. If you are running TNG 6 or TNG 7, you should use TNG7mod_v7.1.0. If you are running TNG 8, you should use TNG8mod_v8.1.0.

This should make future upgrades and patches easier and faster to install, since you will only need to deal with modifications to e107 or TNG at any given time. (Also, if you haven't upgraded to e107 v0.7.23 you should probably do that since it contains several security and bug fixes.) You can also safely delete the old e107_integration mod manager config file, since these supercede it.

-Steve

Ken Roy

Hi all,

I've revised the TNG mod manager configuration files for the e107-TNG integration. I've split the e107 modifications into a separate file from the TNG modifications, because they will both be updated on separate time lines (e.g., there's a new e107 v0.7.23 that breaks a few of the old mods and needed to be patched, but TNG remains at v8.0.1, or v7.1.3 if you're on the old version.)

e107_integration-e107mod_v#.#.##.cfg - does all of the e107 file patches needed to run tngIL (class2.php, footer_default.php, and e107.css). The version number will match the current e107 version it is written for. (v0.7.23 changed several targets from the earlier versions, so you MUST be running that version for this mod!) Regardless of the TNG version you are running, you should install this mod.

e107_integration-TNG#mod_v#.0.0.cfg - does all of the TNG file patches that make the tngIL integration look much nicer. If you are running TNG 6 or TNG 7, you should use TNG7mod_v7.1.0. If you are running TNG 8, you should use TNG8mod_v8.1.0.

This should make future upgrades and patches easier and faster to install, since you will only need to deal with modifications to e107 or TNG at any given time. (Also, if you haven't upgraded to e107 v0.7.23 you should probably do that since it contains several security and bug fixes.) You can also safely delete the old e107_integration mod manager config file, since these supercede it.

-Steve

Steve,

I have updated the TNG Wiki article on e107 Integration to point to your forum entry. At some point one of the e107 users should create a better article on the wiki.

I also removed the link to Nicolas Flint's site since the download link is broken.

Ken

Martin  Mosley

Thank you Steve.

Excellent work once again. I have installed the mod and all seems to be working (still running TNG v7.x) Will upgrade to v8 once I have tested everything thoroughly.

Jim Williamson

I had some issues with my e107 installation, an in the process of 'fixing' things, I had removed the TNG mod, since one of the errors I saw was related to it.

Long story short, the problem was a write issue on my e_107 plugins folder, I corrected that and got everything working again.

So, now it's time to put TNG back, I figured I may as well move up to 8 and give this a go now. I had been working on a Wordpress piece and was going to replace the entire site, but thankfully I won't need to do that now!

Thanks for getting this done! Hopefully by the end of the day, or maybe tomorrow, depending on how busy my work day gets, I'll be running e107 .7.24 and TNG v8.02

EDIT:

Okay, clean install of v8.0.2 and tngIL 1.5b, then ran the mod for it.

When I log out of e107 I get an error regarding the TNG logout. when I try to log back in, same thing happens.

Why is e107 calling TNG at login?

Other note - I don't seem to have the table in tngIL admin to match users between e107 and TNG (am I thinking of the wrong cms integration?)

Authentication is not passing through to TNG

EDIT #2 - Can't get rid of the login/out issue, but I did manage to screw something else up and end up with blank screens... so I removed tngIL and everything is working again...

~Jim

Jim Williamson

Reinstalled tngIL

Ran the mod for v8

logged out, closed Firefox

launched Internet Exploder, page came up fine, tried to log in and got a 404, the redirect was to:

/public_html/e107_plugins/tngIL/processlogin.php?tngusername=Jim_J_Williamson&tngpassword=xxxCensoredxxx&encrypted=1&remember=1

Jim Williamson

Okay, done with it, giving up.

blew out v8, installed v7, thought I got everything, but can't get e107_integration-e107mod_v0.7.23.cfg to work, maybe because I am on .24?

I get this as soon I as I add the mod to the folder, didn't even try to run it:

/../class2.php:Location 1:not installed

../../class2.php:Location 2:not installed

../../class2.php:Location 3:not installed

../../e107_themes/templates/footer_default.php:Location 1:not installed

../../e107_themes/templates/footer_default.php:Location 2:bad target

../../e107_files/e107.css:Location 1:not installed

And when I ran the e107_integration-TNG7mod_v7.1.0.cfg (using tng7.1.3) I get the following:

footer.php:Location 1:not installed

genlib.php:Location 1:not installed

Not all segments installed

The rest of that one installed fine.

~Jim

Ken Roy

I get this as soon I as I add the mod to the folder, didn't even try to run it:

~Jim

I am not an e107 user so I can't tell you how to fix it, but the line above ../../e107_themes/templates/footer_default.php:Location 2:bad target indicates the code in the .cfg file for footer_default.php location 2 does not match the code in footer_default.php

The .cfg file must be updated to match the code in footer_default.php to resolve that error.

Ken

Jim Williamson

Down to 2 problems

footer.php:Location 1:not installed

That one is actually there, in fact, it installed it every time... so it was there 3 times, I had to remove all except the one bit needed.

and....

Section 5: genlib.php

Location 1: target code is:

[[function tng_header( $title, $flags ) { global $custommeta, $customheader, $cms, $session_charset, $tngprint, $sitename, $site_desc, $tngconfig; include($cms['tngpath'] . "version.php"); global $text, $map, $browser; initMediaTypes();]]

Could not find target.

I can do this manually, but I have checked and verified that the line is correct, for some reason the script never fins it though. I even copy pasted the code from the genlib to the cfg file so i knew i was exact and it still fails.

Jim Williamson

And, still have the login/logout issue

I have not been able to hammer out a fix for that yet.

So, I can't tell yet if users are being passed across, will hammer on this tonight... errands to run now.

~J

Jim Williamson

Problems resolved

I could have sworn that in tngIL admin in the TNG path was always /public_html/e107_plugins/tngIL/

And my e107 path had been /public_html/

But, I changed TNG path to /e107_plugins/tngIL/ and left the e107 path blank and now I seem to be fine.

And, of course, I look at the little ? hint, and it says just this... so I have been chasing this problem because of user error... typical of me!

John Paul

Hi all,

-Steve

maybe i'm not wrapping my head around this correctly and forgive me for asking a dumb question, but how does one use these cfg files? also I'm using e107 v 0.7.24 and tng v7.1.3

Ken Roy

maybe i'm not wrapping my head around this correctly and forgive me for asking a dumb question, but how does one use these cfg files? also I'm using e107 v 0.7.24 and tng v7.1.3

For TNG V7.1.3 you need to install the Mod Manager in TNG. In TNG V8, it is part of the distributed TNG. The Mod Manager makes it easier to update and keep track of changes you make to TNG files.

You might also read the related links in the Mod Manager article on the TNG Wiki.

John Paul

For TNG V7.1.3 you need to install the Mod Manager in TNG. In TNG V8, it is part of the distributed TNG. The Mod Manager makes it easier to update and keep track of changes you make to TNG files.

You might also read the related links in the Mod Manager article on the TNG Wiki.

Well raise my rent! I'll have to check this out this evening. See what happens when you're gone for a little while? Thanks Ken Roy!

John Paul

I'm having the same issue:

I am running e107 v 0.7.24 and not .23 with tng 7.1.3

anyone have any ideas on this? I made the manual mods to class2.php, i got the plugin installed and the db part written, but....

Ken Roy

I'm having the same issue:

I am running e107 v 0.7.24 and not .23 with tng 7.1.3

anyone have any ideas on this? I made the manual mods to class2.php, i got the plugin installed and the db part written, but....

The line that says bad target above

means that the code specified in the 2nd %location: that targets the footer_default.php does not match the code that is in the footer_default.php

As a result, the other locations show as not installed. I am not an e107 user so I cannot tell you why the code is different and does not match.

John Paul

The line that says bad target above

means that the code specified in the 2nd %location: that targets the footer_default.php does not match the code that is in the footer_default.php

As a result, the other locations show as not installed. I am not an e107 user so I cannot tell you why the code is different and does not match.

I checked the code like you mentioned in the previous post and it appears correct. I manually got tng working in e107, but now there's an issue with the theme I'm building, but that is another forum post.

thanks ken roy....