TNG Community

Roll of Honour

thewillistree

thewillistree

I recently set up a 'Roll Of Honour' website to commemorate those in my TNG tree who were killed serving their country in the two World Wars. I originally used www.moonfruit.com to build in online, but then - because it couldn't do some of the things I wanted it to (ie add hyperlinks to text within a table!) I decided to design and build it myself using software called KompoZer.

The Willis Tree Roll of Honour at www.thewillistree.info/roh/index.php

I'd be interested in your comments and suggestions!

It is still a work in progress: I am still researching more details as to where/when those listed were killed; tracing their military service records; gleaning data from relatives; adding links to my TNG site; sourcing background information on regiments, ships, cemeteries, memorials etc.

One of those listed - John Parker - was killed at the Battle of Fromelles in July 1916 and his remains have now been laid to rest in the new Fromelles (Pheasant Wood) Military Cemetery which was officially opened on 19 July this year.

If you are thinking of setting up something similar, I have a list of links to various websites which I have found really useful and am happy to share them with those who are interested.

Thanks