TNG Community
mdroberts

Blank screen for ModManager in v8

mdroberts

If I select modmanager from the Admin menu I just get a blank frame. I wasn't using modmanager previously, so this is new to my system.

Is there something missing/required to get modmanager working in the v8 upgrade?

Thanks,

-mark.

Ken Roy

If I select modmanager from the Admin menu I just get a blank frame. I wasn't using modmanager previously, so this is new to my system.

Is there something missing/required to get modmanager working in the v8 upgrade?

Thanks,

-mark.

Mark,

Are you trying to install any TNG Mods? as distributed by TNG V8 the Mod Manager does not include any of the mod configuration files. You have to get them from the TNG Wiki for the mods you want to install.

You don't need to install any, if you don't want to in which case the screen will always show

No mod definition files (cfg) found in the mod folder (mods/).

If you are seeing something different, please provide a screen capture and the version of PHP you are using on your hosting service.

mdroberts

Mark,

Are you trying to install any TNG Mods? as distributed by TNG V8 the Mod Manager does not include any of the mod configuration files. You have to get them from the TNG Wiki for the mods you want to install.

You don't need to install any, if you don't want to in which case the screen will always show

If you are seeing something different, please provide a screen capture and the version of PHP you are using on your hosting service.

Thanks Ken,

I don't have/need any mods at the moment, the only special thing I've done is install the recaptcha on contact/email pages.

PHP is 4.3.9.

I get a blank 'frame' for modmanager... a jpg is attached.

-mark.

B McFadyen

Thanks Ken,

I don't have/need any mods at the moment, the only special thing I've done is install the recaptcha on contact/email pages.

PHP is 4.3.9.

I get a blank 'frame' for modmanager... a jpg is attached.

-mark.

Mark,

You will need the patch for PHP v4. Darrin can provide you this directly if you email a request, or you can wait a few hours and he will likely release a package/list of files that have been updated for various little things since the initial release.

Brian

mdroberts

Mark,

You will need the patch for PHP v4. Darrin can provide you this directly if you email a request, or you can wait a few hours and he will likely release a package/list of files that have been updated for various little things since the initial release.

Brian

Thanks Brian,

I've emailed Darrin.

Is the patch specific to ModManager? Everything else seems to work and we had no trouble with our v7 installations.

I'm using SME Server, so they tend to be rather conservative about what versions of stuff they role into the distribution.

-mark.

mdroberts

Thanks Brian,

I've emailed Darrin.

Is the patch specific to ModManager? Everything else seems to work and we had no trouble with our v7 installations.

I'm using SME Server, so they tend to be rather conservative about what versions of stuff they role into the distribution.

-mark.

I overwrote two .php files with the patched versions Darrin gave me and all is well.

Thanks,

-mark.

BrianA

I overwrote two .php files with the patched versions Darrin gave me and all is well.

Thanks,

-mark.

Ditto! (Mark fixed my installation as well - we're running TNG on the same server.)

B McFadyen

Ditto! (Mark fixed my installation as well - we're running TNG on the same server.)

Mark/Brian,

The problem was specific to PHP4 and affected both the Mod Manager and Relationship Calculator. If you had not tried the Relationship Calculator then you would not have noticed the other problem. (Same error messages).

Glad that fixed it.

Brian

(PS. Very cool to have connected!)

gproctor

Mark/Brian,

The problem was specific to PHP4 and affected both the Mod Manager and Relationship Calculator. If you had not tried the Relationship Calculator then you would not have noticed the other problem. (Same error messages).

Glad that fixed it.

Brian

(PS. Very cool to have connected!)

Can you give me the name of the two files. I have the same problem.

Thank You

mdroberts

Can you give me the name of the two files. I have the same problem.

Thank You

The two files I got were managemods.class.php and relationship.php

-mark.

gproctor

The two files I got were managemods.class.php and relationship.php

-mark.

Thank you. I got a reply as well on the mailing list that I did not have my paths setup correctly. I did that, and I also have the files that you named. I see the Mods on the Admin Screen, but the buttons are not displaying correctly now. I do not have the "Install Button" showing. Just the delete. ???

Ken Roy

Thank you. I got a reply as well on the mailing list that I did not have my paths setup correctly. I did that, and I also have the files that you named. I see the Mods on the Admin Screen, but the buttons are not displaying correctly now. I do not have the "Install Button" showing. Just the delete. ???

Joe,

Can you post what is shown in the Status column? and for what mod?

Thanks,

Ken

gproctor

Joe,

Can you post what is shown in the Status column? and for what mod?

Thanks,

Ken

I am trying to learn, so bare with me.

I am using a sample mod "Age Calculator", as it seems to be simplist.

I can see the mod on the Admin\Mod manager

It is not installed correctly, as I have the red screen on the right with these messages:

languages/English/cust_text.php: 1:

languages/English-UTF8/cust_text.php: 1:

getperson.php: 1:

getperson.php: 2:

getperson.php: 3:

getperson.php: 4:

getperson.php: 5:

getperson.php: 6:

getperson.php: 7:

getperson.php: 8:

getperson.php: 9:

getperson.php: 10:

getperson.php: 11:

getperson.php: 12:

getperson.php: 13:

getperson.php: 14:

extensions/addition.php V8.1.1

I do not have any files on my server under \extensions and it appears to be looking for addition.php

I do have the languages/English-UTF8/cust_text.php file

The buttons under the error messages is not displaying correctly, and when I click on it, the next screen only has two little incorrectly displayed.

Thanks for your reply.

JoeP

Ken Roy

I am trying to learn, so bare with me.

I am using a sample mod "Age Calculator", as it seems to be simplist.

I can see the mod on the Admin\Mod manager

It is not installed correctly, as I have the red screen on the right with these messages:

languages/English/cust_text.php: 1:

languages/English-UTF8/cust_text.php: 1:

getperson.php: 1:

getperson.php: 2:

getperson.php: 3:

getperson.php: 4:

getperson.php: 5:

getperson.php: 6:

getperson.php: 7:

getperson.php: 8:

getperson.php: 9:

getperson.php: 10:

getperson.php: 11:

getperson.php: 12:

getperson.php: 13:

getperson.php: 14:

extensions/addition.php V8.1.1

I do not have any files on my server under \extensions and it appears to be looking for addition.php

I do have the languages/English-UTF8/cust_text.php file

The buttons under the error messages is not displaying correctly, and when I click on it, the next screen only has two little incorrectly displayed.

Thanks for your reply.

JoeP

Joe,

Did you attempt to install the mod? or was the status column red after you copied the config file into the mods folder?

Was there not any status information shown next to the module target locations shown above?

The addition.php file gets created by the mod and written to the extensions folder.

Is this on a site available on the Internet? If so can you send credentials for access to my web site email address -- ken@royandboucher.com

Ken

gproctor

Joe,

Did you attempt to install the mod? or was the status column red after you copied the config file into the mods folder?

Was there not any status information shown next to the module target locations shown above?

The addition.php file gets created by the mod and written to the extensions folder.

Is this on a site available on the Internet? If so can you send credentials for access to my web site email address -- ken@royandboucher.com

Ken

1. I saw the screens immediately after I uploaded the config file. I never had the option to 'Install"

2. The status info is exactly as I copied above. Nothing exle.

3. The addition.php was not created.

4. I emailed you my login info.

Thank you for your help.

JoeP

Ken Roy

1. I saw the screens immediately after I uploaded the config file. I never had the option to 'Install"

2. The status info is exactly as I copied above. Nothing exle.

3. The addition.php was not created.

4. I emailed you my login info.

Thank you for your help.

JoeP

Note that the status info shown above is due to the admintext.php not containing any of the new TNG V8 variables, so the Mod Manager status errors were not visible.