TNG Community

Need Help to Translate key pages into French

Ken Roy

Now that we have German (Deutsch) and Spanish (Espanol) translations going on in the TNG Wiki, I am looking for someone to help with the French (Francais) translations.

While I can do some of the French translations, I also have several other things in the works, like trying to figure out how we might the page title to display in the translated language on MediaWiki 1.13. Some of the capabilities in MediaWiki change once we can upgrade to MediaWiki 1.15 but that will not happen until TNG V8 is available and stable.

Thanks

Ken

• 1 year later...

Now that we have German (Deutsch) and Spanish (Espanol) translations going on in the TNG Wiki, I am looking for someone to help with the French (Francais) translations.

While I can do some of the French translations, I also have several other things in the works, like trying to figure out how we might the page title to display in the translated language on MediaWiki 1.13. Some of the capabilities in MediaWiki change once we can upgrade to MediaWiki 1.15 but that will not happen until TNG V8 is available and stable.

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken,

I use TNG untill last september but I only read this message today...

Do you still need help for french translation for the TNG wiki ? I can help !

Nathalie

Hi Ken,

Nathalie

Nathalie,

If you think that certain pages would benefit other users if they were in French, help would certainly be appreciated by them as well as myself. I don't have the time to translate the page pages that get added, besides my formal French education ended in the mid 1960s when computers did not exist.

I started translating the Main Page, but never completed the task.

Merci pour votre offre d'aider

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ken,

Nathalie

Nathalie,

Un grand merci pour vos traduction. Since translation takes a lot of time, you should be aware that there is a Translator link in the left margin, that may provide sufficient help to French users of the TNG Wiki in viewing English content.

Your translation of the Main Page should make it easier for them to navigate the wiki.

Nathalie,

Un grand merci pour vos traduction. Since translation takes a lot of time, you should be aware that there is a Translator link in the left margin, that may provide sufficient help to French users of the TNG Wiki in viewing English content.

Your translation of the Main Page should make it easier for them to navigate the wiki.

I hope it will be helpfull ! I will write something about the translators on the main page.

I have noticed some little things that could be modified in the sidebar entries, but I have no right to modify so I just list them here :

Register => S'enregistrer

TNG Wiki sitemap => Plan du Wiki TNG

Guides de TNG => Guides TNG

Glossaire de TNG => Glossaire TNG

Services de Web => Services Web

Articles d'intérêt => Articles intéressants

Bouts et tours => Trucs et astuces

Téléverser un fichier => Télécharger un fichier

I hope it will be helpfull ! I will write something about the translators on the main page.

I have noticed some little things that could be modified in the sidebar entries, but I have no right to modify so I just list them here :

Register => S'enregistrer

TNG Wiki sitemap => Plan du Wiki TNG

Guides de TNG => Guides TNG

Glossaire de TNG => Glossaire TNG

Services de Web => Services Web

Articles d'intérêt => Articles intéressants

Bouts et tours => Trucs et astuces

Téléverser un fichier => Télécharger un fichier

Nathalie,

Thanks for your corrections. I will update the MediaWiki system messages that generate the entries when using the French language. My formal French predates the web by a long time. ...:)

I have updated all but the Upload File translation. That one is from MediaWiki, so I need to figure out how to override it but.

The translation change probably needs to be sent to the MediaWiki or Wikipedia folks. Maybe Olaf will chime in on how he fixed similar errors in German translations.

Ken

Nathalie,

Thanks for your corrections. I will update the MediaWiki system messages that generate the entries when using the French language. My formal French predates the web by a long time. ...:)

I have updated all but the Upload File translation. That one is from MediaWiki, so I need to figure out how to override it but.

The translation change probably needs to be sent to the MediaWiki or Wikipedia folks. Maybe Olaf will chime in on how he fixed similar errors in German translations.

Ken

Hi Ken,

The Wiki seems to be down since a few days...

Nathalie

Hi Ken,

The Wiki seems to be down since a few days...

Nathalie

Nathalie,

Seems to be working for me. If you still cannot get in you might raise the issue on the tnguser2 list. If you are not subscribed, see the Getting Started help screen on the top line of the Admin menu on how to subscribe.

Ken

Nathalie,

Seems to be working for me. If you still cannot get in you might raise the issue on the tnguser2 list. If you are not subscribed, see the Getting Started help screen on the top line of the Admin menu on how to subscribe.

Ken

Perhaps the last session I opened did not close correctly...

I wil subscribe to the list. Thanks

Nathalie