TNG Community
jefflev

Help with a couple of problems I have please

jefflev

I would like to remove the Suggest tab from the individual's list for unregistered visitors and I can't seem to find the location to accomplish this task. I never noticed this before until I upgraded both my e107 from 0.7.17 to 0.7.18 and TNG from v 7.1.2 to v7.1.3 the same day. Is this a result of the upgrades? Regardless, I need to remove that Suggest tab for non registered visitors. Can someone help me, please? You may see what I'm talking about at http://www.leverettefamily.info/e107_plugi...mp;tree=JLHTree

My other question has to do with TNG rendering within the theme on my website. The theme is actually a three column theme but once you call up the TNG the right column disappears. Can someone suggest a fix for that?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

svoght

I would like to remove the Suggest tab from the individual's list for unregistered visitors and I can't seem to find the location to accomplish this task. I never noticed this before until I upgraded both my e107 from 0.7.17 to 0.7.18 and TNG from v 7.1.2 to v7.1.3 the same day. Is this a result of the upgrades? Regardless, I need to remove that Suggest tab for non registered visitors. Can someone help me, please? You may see what I'm talking about at http://www.leverettefamily.info/e107_plugi...mp;tree=JLHTree

My other question has to do with TNG rendering within the theme on my website. The theme is actually a three column theme but once you call up the TNG the right column disappears. Can someone suggest a fix for that?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

I'm pretty sure the suggest tab has always shown up for everyone regardless of logged in status (though it changes to 'Edit' for people with such privs.) You can remove it for guests by editing genlib.php . Locate the line that reads:

elseif( $emailaddr ) {

(somewhere around line 350 of the unmodified genlib.php)

and change $emailaddr to $currentuser

That will limit the display of the Suggest tab to logged in users who don't otherwise have editing privileges.

Regarding your second question (columns), you will need to edit your e107 theme file (theme.php within the appropriate theme folder.) Somewhere there will be a line that defines page styles for the theme, with two column being the default and three column being the custom version. There will also be a line that defines which pages are displayed using the three column layout (news.php being one of them -- look for the line that starts $CUSTOMPAGES['some_layout_name'] = ...), where you will need to add 'e107_plugins/tngIL/' to the space-separated list.

There was a bug in older versions of e107 where you couldn't define a substring (such as an entire folder or a .php file that has variables following it) to be displayed in a custom format, so if that doesn't work you might need to do some additional work. Which e107 theme are you using?

jefflev

I am using the PANEv2 theme authored by Flash