TNG Community

The Denson Clan

Barry Chuckle

Barry Chuckle

Barry,

We cannot give many comments as we cannot log into your website. Please give us a temporary user id and password.

Arnold

User: demo

password: demo

These are small suggestions:

1. In the lower left-hand corner, you provide an e-mail address. I would make it a "live" link (see below), so that a visitor only has to click on it to send e-mail to you.

2. In order to contact you, you provide both an e-mail address and TNG's contact form. For consistency, I would use one type or the other.

3. In your Top Occupations, the percentages seem low. The top six general public occupations in 1881 only total 9%

4.I would add your name to your website.

<A HREF="MAILTO:barry@densonclan.com">barry@densonclan.com</A>

or

<A HREF="MAILTO:barry@densonclan.com">Barry Chuckle</A>

Barry Chuckle

These are small suggestions:

1. In the lower left-hand corner, you provide an e-mail address. I would make it a "live" link (see below), so that a visitor only has to click on it to send e-mail to you.

2. In order to contact you, you provide both an e-mail address and TNG's contact form. For consistency, I would use one type or the other.

3. In your Top Occupations, the percentages seem low. The top six general public occupations in 1881 only total 9%

4.I would add your name to your website.

<A HREF="MAILTO:barry@densonclan.com">barry@densonclan.com</A>

or

<A HREF="MAILTO:barry@densonclan.com">Barry Chuckle</A>

Some changes made to the site based on your suggestions.

As far as the occupations stats go, I got the info from ancestry.co.uk. I will do some more research to back up/improve the figures

• 3 months later...
thewillistree

Some changes made to the site based on your suggestions.

As far as the occupations stats go, I got the info from ancestry.co.uk. I will do some more research to back up/improve the figures

Hi Barry

I love the look of your site - I'm especially taken with the 'Popular Surnames' tag cloud. Can you share how that was created as I'd like to add something similar to my own home page!

Regards

Paul

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
thewillistree

Another overhaul of my front page complete... once again any critique is welcome...

http://familytree.densonclan.com/index.php

Hi - I love the look of your site, including the colour pallette. But most of all I like the intro on the front page - the 5 paras which start, "Family history is so much more than just a list of vital statistics and place names..."

I'm not very good at writing like that and so I wonder if you would mind if I used your intro on my site? Or maybe used it as a basis for my own blurb?

I would of course acknowledge you in my 'Thanks To...' page...

Regards

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
Barry Chuckle

Hi - I love the look of your site, including the colour pallette. But most of all I like the intro on the front page - the 5 paras which start, "Family history is so much more than just a list of vital statistics and place names..."

I'm not very good at writing like that and so I wonder if you would mind if I used your intro on my site? Or maybe used it as a basis for my own blurb?

I would of course acknowledge you in my 'Thanks To...' page...

Regards

Paul

TBH I think I may have based that on something similar I saw elsewhere, or rather used it as inspiration so I can't really claim exclusivity of it!